Odd question

Booboo3604

I ran into the same issue with my old car, especially since it was a manual. I just kept a pair of comfortable slip ons in the car and would throw them on to drive when I had heels on. I tried to avoid barefoot driving just because I didn't want to get into the habit and then if i wore stockings or something, pretty much guaranteeing a run.

RidgeChick

Yes, it is legal actually :yay:

Is it against the law to operate a vehicle while not wearing shoes?
Answer: No.

Maryland State Police > FAQ's

I actually called the state police about this a few years ago because of an office debate lol. The law was changed because of shoes that reduce sensitivity to the feel of the pedals and lack of mobility, e.g. thick soled shoes/boots (health care/construction) and high heels.

Maybe keep a pair of slip on shoes in the car just for driving??

DEEKAYPEE8569

oh. Well I would be afraid the ball would come off and roll under my brake pedal. :jameo:

That would not work for me. :coffee:

And to use aviator speak, it would "FOD"; Foreign Object Damage; the vehicle: Possibly inhibit proper operation of moving parts necessary for proper operation of the vehicle.

acommondisaster

A comfy pair of slipon shoes that you keep in the car. Admit it - kwillia's right - your husband really does do all of the important stuff around the house. :dance:

lilyputty

How to protect your car mat from holes

Does anyone else have a problem with their floor mats in the car getting holes from your high heels? I wear heels every day and I've gone through 2 floor mats in less than a year? Toyota 4runner floor mats, not the cheap ones? What am I doing wrong? Never happened before?? LOL.. just askin

Yikes. Please don't put a tennis ball on your heel while you drive! Or ever. Built-in heelpads on a custom-fit car mat is your best bet.

If you want some sturdy (and pretty) car mats with a built-in heelpad, you should definitely check out GGBailey.com. They are part of the Racemark International group of companies. Racemark basically invented the carpeted car mat and makes them for luxury car brands here in the US and Europe.

GGBailey lets you design your own mats, so you can pick carpet color, edging, heelpad color and shape. You can even get your name or initial embroidered in the mat.

Check them out! http://ggbailey.com

sockgirl77

Yikes. Please don't put a tennis ball on your heel while you drive! Or ever. Built-in heelpads on a custom-fit car mat is your best bet.

If you want some sturdy (and pretty) car mats with a built-in heelpad, you should definitely check out GGBailey.com. They are part of the Racemark International group of companies. Racemark basically invented the carpeted car mat and makes them for luxury car brands here in the US and Europe.

GGBailey lets you design your own mats, so you can pick carpet color, edging, heelpad color and shape. You can even get your name or initial embroidered in the mat.

:spam:

You could also change into footpads before driving...:yay:

Attachments

• padslippers.jpg
    padslippers.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 64