of topic but need a bird friendly glue solvent

devinej

I put fly tape up in the barn today and i have two swallows with very sticky wings now. does anyone know of a solvent for sticky gooey glue that won't hurt the birds too much?

yes i know i'm trying to save a couple of barn swallows....

I

Inkpen

devinej said:
I put fly tape up in the barn today and i have two swallows with very sticky wings now. does anyone know of a solvent for sticky gooey glue that won't hurt the birds too much?

yes i know i'm trying to save a couple of barn swallows....

CANOLA OIL!!!!!!!!!!!

I trained with these folks and we talked about glue and glue traps..
Here is their page which will help you save the birds..need help..PM me.
Good luck!!
http://www.owra.org/gluetrap.htm

And swallows eat tons of bugs in thier lifetime!!!
Great bird to have!!

devinej

THANKS!

guess what i'm using as i can find no canola oil/veggie oil in this house.

tack oil....haha

and then how to get the tack oil off the birds??? white vinegar??

I

Inkpen

Follow the directions in the link..
I really no longer care what you or other people do to harm animals on this Forum.
Stupid of you to put up fly tape in the first place.

Tack oil is too toxic..better to use veggi oil, olive oil..but heck..you are the idiot who screwed with the birds..you go figure it out.

I am so done with this Forum and the hateful people here.

devinej

hey, i put the fly tape up for the flies! i like swallows, otherwise i wouldn't be trying to save them, and thanks for sending me the link. sorry i'm living in someone else's house barn and house sitting and they didn't have any vegetable/canola oil, so i'm doing the best that i can. i happen to love birds. and the fly tape wasn't my idea.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
It sounded like she was trying to kill the flies and save the birds. Why else would she be holding them in her lap?

I

Inkpen

devinej said:
THANKS!

guess what i'm using as i can find no canola oil/veggie oil in this house.

tack oil....haha

and then how to get the tack oil off the birds??? white vinegar??

Go to the store and BUY canola oil..it is in the salad item oil section.

Tack oil is toxic....

wash birsd several times as directed..have to be 100% free of your toxic tack oil. ( read label and see all the additives for dead animal skin, ie: leather)

Wash birds as directed by Tri-State Bird Rescue.

Never, never use toxins on birds....use canola oil as directed.
Toxins are funny to you, but not for birds..
God help them....

devinej

i guess they would have suffered less if i broke their necks when i found them...

its not toxic tack oil...

MoochCat

Mooch Cat
devinej said:
i guess they would have suffered less if i broke their necks when i found them...

its not toxic tack oil...

Eweeee ...brake thier necks??? Ouch
Whats tack oil..whats in it?

Cowgirl

Inkpen said:
Go to the store and BUY canola oil..it is in the salad item oil section.

Tack oil is toxic....

wash birsd several times as directed..have to be 100% free of your toxic tack oil. ( read label and see all the additives for dead animal skin, ie: leather)

Wash birds as directed by Tri-State Bird Rescue.

Never, never use toxins on birds....use canola oil as directed.
Toxins are funny to you, but not for birds..
God help them....

Inkpen said:
Follow the directions in the link..I really no longer care what you or other people do to harm animals on this Forum.
Stupid of you to put up fly tape in the first place.

Tack oil is too toxic..better to use veggi oil, olive oil..but heck..you are the idiot who screwed with the birds..you go figure it out.

I am so done with this Forum and the hateful people here.

You know what, Ink? THIS is the reason you get nasty karma all the time. It's great you love animals and try to save them, but the NASTY attitude you give to people is what makes people mad. I don't know if you do it on purpose, but you come across sounding like you are the only person out there who ever helps any of the animals and nobody can be as perfect as you. :drama:

Devinej was trying to *help* the swallows, that's why she posted here in the first place. I think it would stress out the swallows to have to sit (probaby in a box or some strange place) while she drove all the way to the store, and bought some GD canola oil. She used the only thing she could find to help them right away.

Get the eff over yourself. She never said she thought it was funny to use toxins on birds...and it isn't stupid to put up fly tapes. Would it be better for everyone to spray toxic chemicals to keep the flies away?

Maybe if you changed your pissy attitude and tried to be helpful instead of talking down to everyone, people would be more friendly to you. You're like Martha Stewart.....you both have some really good ideas, but your delivery is so haughty and "above everyone" that nobody cares to listen.