Official No Topic Thread

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady
Best beer I ever had was on board a Dutch ship that docked in Solomons quite a few years ago. They had pure, unadulterated Heineken on tap. Pure heaven! :cheers:
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: I missed it. :frown:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Best beer I ever had was on board a Dutch ship that docked in Solomons quite a few years ago.

I've had beer on a Canadian war ship. Speaking of ships, when was the last time a navy ship was up in Solomons? Now that they tore down the pier I guess none will ever show back up around here.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
Speaking of ships, when was the last time a navy ship was up in Solomons? Now that they tore down the pier I guess none will ever show back up around here.
If I may ...

If that's the case, think of the money to be saved by building a much shorter bridge to replace the tall one.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
I've had beer on a Canadian war ship. Speaking of ships, when was the last time a navy ship was up in Solomons? Now that they tore down the pier I guess none will ever show back up around here.

A Navy dive boat is there usually every 3 or 4 months. Training probably using the German U boat sunk there, just north of point patience

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Another off topic thread from 13 years ahead of it's time? Back to the future thread, or something like that.

Capture.JPG

Holk_Hogan

Go to Dairy Queen? :shrug:

you've gotta face the truth brother. In its purest form man. The purest truth there is man. The training, saying your prayers, eating the vitamins. And to beat me man, You've got to beat every little Hulkamaniac, every little Hulkster in the world. Everyone that plays it straight. All the ones that don't take any shortcuts brother. And they usually say "If the dirty air don't get you, the politicians will." But in this case. It's going to be Hulkamania. And the reason it's going to get you man, it's the purest form of the truth there is. And I can't wait to see you go down at the feet of Hulkamania. What you gonna do PrchJrkr when the real truth, the 26 inch pythons and Hulkamania runs wild on you?

FED_UP

Pretty sure you do; but doesn't it make you wonder if some folks got there license at the DMV or a cereal box?

At light Buck Hewitt, crossing Chancellors over to Norris with my left blinker on. Car across from me, right blinker on. No traffic is coming and I was wondering why this idiot is not making his right turn which you can by law at the red. Light changes, idiot still sits and lets me make my left turn first before she turned right, WTF. There is no way she has a license, looked Mexican about 40ish.

FED_UP

Coffee free all day today at WAWA. I don't drink coffee though, maybe I can get a free bottle of water.

BOP

:smack:

That's for digging up a 13 and a half year old tread.

Speaking of beer, I got to cross-deck to an Australian frigate in the PI back in the early 70s. They had beer. Then we went out in town, and I don't remember a whole lot after that. I'll bet we passed a good time, though!

:cheers:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
In Oct 75, I was TAD'd for two days to an Iranian frigate during ops in the IO, to help with their commo training on radio. They had pigs, goats, and chickens onboard for fresh meat. THAT was an experience.