Oh Ladies.....

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Well I wanted to get a female opinion on something. My Niece is turning 18 in a couple weeks and she just graduated. Tomorrow we are having a party for her.

I wanted to get her something special, something that she could take to school with her and help her think of her family. I bought her a Necklace with a heart shaped locket with 3 little diamonds in it. She like silver but I got her white gold instead. What do Ya'll think.

Attachments

• 080307_1728.jpg
    080307_1728.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 189

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I learned that White Gold is not cheap also.... spent a lotta money for a little hunk of metal.

W

Wenchy

Magnum said:
Well I wanted to get a female opinion on something. My Niece is turning 18 in a couple weeks and she just graduated. Tomorrow we are having a party for her.

I wanted to get her something special, something that she could take to school with her and help her think of her family. I bought her a Necklace with a heart shaped locket with 3 little diamonds in it. She like silver but I got her white gold instead. What do Ya'll think.

A locket is a sweet keepsake, HOWEVER...and I know this is going to sound really mean. You know she likes silver, but you bought her white gold and diamonds? Usually (speaking for myself) people who like silver like to keep things simple.

You could have bought her a beautiful silver locket AND a nice monetary gift for the money you spent.

Bring on the red, but he asked and needs to learn from somebody.

JMO.

M

missperky

Wenchy said:
A locket is a sweet keepsake, HOWEVER...and I know this is going to sound really mean. You know she likes silver, but you bought her white gold and diamonds? Usually (speaking for myself) people who like silver like to keep things simple.

You could have bought her a beautiful silver locket AND a nice monetary gift for the money you spent.

JMO.

I wanted a gold necklace and a pendant that was in memory of my dad, but instead I got silver, I don't care for silver but I still love it and I appreciate it. :shrug:

Sometimes it's the thought that counts.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Wenchy said:

JMO.
Thanks... I tried to find silver but I didn't have much luck. The only couple I saw were very poorly made, very cheap, would probably break in a few weeks. I think she likes silver because of the color..... At least that is what her Mom is telling me. I bought the lifetime warranty with it plus have 90 days to return or exchange it if she does not like it.

I already have my Sister lined up to take a picture of our family so we can slip it into the locket before I give it to her.

K

Kain99

I like silver too but there is no way in He!! I could tell the difference between that and white gold. Ya did real good Bubba!:huggy:

W

Wenchy

missperky said:
I wanted a gold necklace and a pendant that was in memory of my dad, but instead I got silver, I don't care for silver but I still love it and I appreciate it. :shrug:

Sometimes it's the thought that counts.

I agree, and that was in memory of your dad. This is a birthday/graduation gift (different)

M

missperky

Wenchy said:
I agree, and that was in memory of your dad. This is a birthday/graduation gift (different)

But I didn't buy it for myself, I got it as a gift.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Magnum said:
Thanks... I tried to find silver but I didn't have much luck. The only couple I saw were very poorly made, very cheap, would probably break in a few weeks. I think she likes silver because of the color..... At least that is what her Mom is telling me. I bought the lifetime warranty with it plus have 90 days to return or exchange it if she does not like it.

I already have my Sister lined up to take a picture of our family so we can slip it into the locket before I give it to her.

I had silver lockets engraved, with the first name initials, as part of my SO's 2 girls high school grad gifts. I think it is a wondeful gift :yay:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Kain99 said:
I like silver too but there is no way in He!! I could tell the difference between that and white gold. Ya did real good Bubba!:huggy:

I wear both white gold and silver rings, but have to keep the silver on one hand and the gold on the other as there is a slight difference in color and a big difference in sheen. However, with that being said, this is a locket and it's not an issue when being worn around the neck. It's a very thoughtful gift and I'm sure she'll love it! :yay:

W

Wenchy

missperky said:
But I didn't buy it for myself, I got it as a gift.

Correct, but Magnum asked for an opinion and I gave mine. White gold and silver people are different.

M

missperky

Wenchy said:
Correct, but Magnum asked for an opinion and I gave mine. White gold and silver people are different.

As I was giving mine. :huggy: