Oh no, another untrained gun-nut wreaks havoc.

h3mech

This time in Indianapolis.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/homeowner-shoots-intruder-during-attempted-home-invasion/

I am sure he was there to fix some wiring issues.

your post make it seem like you are calling the woman who shot him as being a untrained gun nut, she shot him so she was trained enough to turn the safety off and pull the trigger, she made only one mistake she left him alive, I told the wife empty the gun into him and reload and shoot him again to make sure.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"Spears said incidents like this, in this section of the city are very rare."

I would certainly hope so...

Hijinx

Nothing untrained about that mother. She knew what to do and did it.

This is what the 2nd Amendment is all about.
Being able to protect one's self

glhs837

Power with Control
your post make it seem like you are calling the woman who shot him as being a untrained gun nut, she shot him so she was trained enough to turn the safety off and pull the trigger, she made only one mistake she left him alive, I told the wife empty the gun into him and reload and shoot him again to make sure.

Please report to FRC for a sarcasm meter recalibration. :) EDIT: And grab Jinx on your way, looks like his meter got knocked around a bit too.

and Prch, I'll be incidents like this one are part of the reason it's a rare occurrence. You show me a house like this, in Indiana, I would take even money or better that there's a firearm in there. MA, CT, or even a lot of MD, nope. But IN, yeah, ownership there is gonna be pretty high.

tom88

I think you might have missed the sarcasm.

tommyjo

Nothing untrained about that mother. She knew what to do and did it.

This is what the 2nd Amendment is all about.
Being able to protect one's self

Wrong...as usual:

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

2A says not one word about personal defense...doesn't even hint at personal defense...it is about a well regulated militia and the security of a free state. Funny how the right wingers are so hell bent on "strict" interpretation of every other word, sentence and paragraph in The Constitution...except as it relates to 2A.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wrong...as usual:

2A says not one word about personal defense...doesn't even hint at personal defense...it is about a well regulated militia and the security of a free state. Funny how the right wingers are so hell bent on "strict" interpretation of every other word, sentence and paragraph in The Constitution...except as it relates to 2A.

Bzzzzt. Wrong answer

The bill of rights is and has been seen as protecting and applying to the individual in every case except the modern attempt to say that one of them only applies to groups. So, logic and reason says.....?

It is absurd to try and argue there is no right to self defense in a land that is all about the individual. It doesn't mention a right to breathe either as some things were presumed to be obvious for all time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think everyone assumes that the farmers have spread manure in their fields and you have your windows open. :buddies:

Okay so I'll do all the work. She hears someone break into that little house. She goes and calls her hubby. She then goes down the hall and her brother comes out they see a bad guy he takes aimed shot at her, misses.. And she returns fire and takes care of him. The timing doesn't sound right the reality of it doesn't sound right there's more to the stthen aimed

RPMDAD

I am guessing the bad guy didn't bother to read the sign on the front door. which says we don't call 911

CeVH0eMWAAIuD4f.jpg large.jpg

Chris0nllyn

While I get what you're saying (people tend to bend the rules when the argument suits them), but SCOTUS would disagree. (DC v. Heller)

The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment . The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional. Because Heller conceded at oral argument that the D. C. licensing law is permissible if it is not enforced arbitrarily and capriciously, the Court assumes that a license will satisfy his prayer for relief and does not address the licensing requirement. Assuming he is not disqualified from exercising Second Amendment rights, the District must permit Heller to register his handgun and must issue him a license to carry it in the home. Pp. 56–64.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZS.html

Radiant1

Soul Probe

Okay so I'll do all the work. She hears someone break into that little house. She goes and calls her hubby. She then goes down the hall and her brother comes out they see a bad guy he takes aimed shot at her, misses.. And she returns fire and takes care of him. The timing doesn't sound right the reality of it doesn't sound right there's more to the stthen aimed

Larry, you have to take into consideration the time it took for the burglar to coo at the sleeping baby.

officeguy

Go read the story again.

The relative is just reporting what happened, there is no implication that he was present. Other stories don't mention any call tothe husband just that the woman confronted and shot an armed intruder.

Last edited: