Ohio State's President Jackass ...

Rommey

Let's hope the scheduling gods put Ohio St vs. either one in a bowl game...and then watch the hilarity of that karma thing...

Baz

This. ------------------>
Until there's a playoff, teams from weaker conferences are always going to get the short end. The enitire "Championship" system is flawed.

That said, Boise State should never be considered for the national championship. Their blue turf is an automatic disqualification, in my opinion. I won't even watch a game taking place on that perversion of a field.

BuddyLee

Football addict
So you think they play a schedule that week in and week out deserves a spot in the national title hunt? That is laughable at best..
Yet they could probably go toe to toe with the Alabama's and the like.

These guys deserve a shot. They've won plenty of games over the course of several seasons. Anything else is merely an excuse.

thurley42

HY;FR
I would be willing to drop even money on Boise St. if they were to play OSU....arrogant Dbag

And ill gladly take your money:buddies:

Wonder why Ohio State did not schedule TCU or Boise State.
Do your homework....we tried last year, they didn't like the terms of the series....

Yet they could probably go toe to toe with the Alabama's and the like.

These guys deserve a shot. They've won plenty of games over the course of several seasons. Anything else is merely an excuse.

Sure they could....because they have played a season full of weak ass opponents...they aren't worn down like bama. No one is disputing they can't play with anyone for a game....I mean they trick played their way against Oklahoma....but the journey of getting there is a lot harder for the sec big ten.big twelve...hell even the acc.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Sure they could....because they have played a season full of weak ass opponents...they aren't worn down like bama. No one is disputing they can't play with anyone for a game....I mean they trick played their way against Oklahoma....but the journey of getting there is a lot harder for the sec big ten.big twelve...hell even the acc.

It's even tougher going undefeated for season upon season against any opponent.

NCAA is a sham anyways. One of the many reasons I don't enjoy college football. All about the mighty $.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So you think they play a schedule that week in and week out deserves a spot in the national title hunt? That is laughable at best..

Is that the point? Who does OSU schedule outside of their conference? Boise and TCU don't make these rules, they just play by 'em.

For that matter, how much credit does OSU deserve for for their gimmes's against Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois and Purdue every year?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They're a business.

The NCAA shouldn't be about money as much as they are and if they are they shouldn't let it be a detriment to the players and games played.

I see. And school, where you pay tuition, room and board, is not a business?

Please tell me you just haven't given this much thought yet.

The business that is a university exploits, greatly, their football programs to run their business's. It is hugely profitable for them, especially because of their very low labor costs.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See, that shouldn't be a business either.:lol: There is money to be made everywhere these days.

NCAA is still a sham.

Define sham? They serve as the minor league system to the NFL. You'd rather it be like baseballs minor leagues? No national exposure? Cheap and local and no one cares except the locals?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Define sham? They serve as the minor league system to the NFL. You'd rather it be like baseballs minor leagues? No national exposure? Cheap and local and no one cares except the locals?
Sham as in they're more for the $ than giving athletic students a quality education. Sham as in they're more worried about students lives outside of school than in. Sham as in they're keeping an inaccurate system for the sake of garnering more bowl games, cash flow and for simply thumbing their nose to common sense.

I'd much rather it become like the baseball minor leagues. However, it would still have a much more significant spotlight. It is, afterall, football.

Who cares about baseball?:lol: Baseball has been dead for a while.

Last edited:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Boise State may not be undefeated after this one, a thriller underway in Reno, Nevada on ESPN.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Boise's out of it now. Nevada beats them in Reno in an overtime thriller like something you have not seen in years, amazing game!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That settles that.

What about TCU?

They are playing a 1-10 team so they are a non factor.

One horrific call that I saw in the BSU/NEV game on a punt DEFINITELY changed this game around.

The punt returner took a shot just as the ball was falling through his hands and he loses the ball, BSU recovers on the 10-15 yard line.

*FLAG*

The call is "Catch interference". Nevada gets the ball plus 15 yards and goes on to score to get it to 24-14.

The HC of BSU was shown complaining to the side judge and the side judge could be seen saying, "You're right it was a bad call." (or something along those lines)