OK, I'm going to scream.....

mgdbaa

I need to have my yearly exam like 3 years ago. Dr. Cheryl Whyatt was my doctor at brenton medical. But she has left and I don't feel comfortable with any old joe blow conducting that exam. So I figured I would go back to Dr. Whindam, but I am told she moved to Texas. I have been trying to see Dr. Polka since June and she is not making any more appt. until the january. I really need to see a doc already. Do you know of a good doc that is trust worthy and speaks english and won't hurt or kill me in the long run. Dr. Polka's office says there are not many ob's around now and thats why they are so busy because they are taking on more patients from other docs who have left. Please Help me decide on a doc.

J

jp2854

that is weird i go to dr.polko and they never sent me a reminder for my apt so they told my mom that they didn't have the september schedule yet and they would call us when they got it. Hopefully next month they will have it out and my mom and i will be able to get our yearly scheduled. Dr. polko also have another female in her practice dr.shonekan (sp) who my mom went to and she said she likes her. I bet you are right though with the doctors getting filled up with others patients due to more than one leaving the area.

skizzle

I go to Dr. Lawrence Tilley in Leonardtown and see Caroll.
Never had a problem with them. (301) 475-8599

mgdbaa

that is weird i go to dr.polko and they never sent me a reminder for my apt so they told my mom that they didn't have the september schedule yet and they would call us when they got it. Hopefully next month they will have it out and my mom and i will be able to get our yearly scheduled. Dr. polko also have another female in her practice dr.shonekan (sp) who my mom went to and she said she likes her. I bet you are right though with the doctors getting filled up with others patients due to more than one leaving the area.
yes, I have been getting the same response about each schedule being ready. First it was, " we will send you a post card, when you get it, call asap." So I did, and I was told to call back in July, still no schedule ready, so i just called again, and now I have to wait January and they added my name to a cancelation list. I just need to get this exam done for now until Dr. Polka calls. I know she is a good doc. My mother died of cervical cancer and I am just very picky as to who will see me. I damn sure am not seeing a shau doctor or one who just says, take these pills and come back in a week.

mgdbaa

I go to Dr. Lawrence Tilley in Leonardtown and see Caroll.
Never had a problem with them. (301) 475-8599
Ty, how long have you been a patient with them if you don't mind me asking. That was one of the docs that polkas office mentioned.

lovinmaryland

Really? She is not my favorite. I have seen her several times this pregnancy and she literally walks in listens to the heart beat measures my stomach and says "ok well everything looks good bye"

I have even said well I had a question about such and such ... and she responds "oh that is normal, here is the sheet to make your next apt bye :howdy:"

sockgirl77

I went to see Ann Naru last year for my annual. I filled out the postcard then. I got it in the mail in May or June and scheduled for October. :shrug:

Oh and I would not recommend Dr. Tilley to my worst enemy. :boo:

mgdbaa

Really? She is not my favorite. I have seen her several times this pregnancy and she literally walks in listens to the heart beat measures my stomach and says "ok well everything looks good bye"

I have even said well I had a question about such and such ... and she responds "oh that is normal, here is the sheet to make your next apt bye :howdy:"
Now are you refering to Dr. Polka? I really just need the exam. No more babies for me. I know she delivered 3 of my great neices and nephew. She has always been great in the delivery room for them. I was there for 2 of the deliverys and she will really keep you smiling during your pain. She comes and goes quickly from the birth room to the resting room for docs in the hospital, but when the time comes, trust me, she will get you through your delivery safe and comfortably.

AeroTaken

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Polsky - 301-373-7700. He is in Wildewood shopping center near Belk. He is very thorough, gentle, and personable. I've been going to him for 6 or 7 years and he ALWAYS starts off the visit by asking how my kids are, and knows what grade/how old they are, asks about the grandkids - this year he remembered there were 2 and that my daughter had another one since my last visit and asked how that went. I'm sure its because he is reading my chart before he comes into the room, but IMO that is a GOOD thing. And he always weighs on the side of caution. If something doesn't look quite right he WILL go the further steps to check into it at that time instead of just saying "well we'll just check again in six months and see what it says then" like I'd had other GYNs say in the past. And he actually listens to and values what YOU say to him. example: the quick check urinalysis they do in the office was negative, but I told him I really thought I was feeling the start of some bladder thing coming on. So he said "well you know your body so I'll send it out for culture." HE called me himself 3 days later and said "you were absolutely right, you do have a bladder infection" and called in meds for me right away. More Dr's should be like him. Not sure how it is for new patients, but my last annual exam I neglected to call right away when my card came in, so when I did call I got an appointment within 2 weeks.

mgdbaa

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Polsky - 301-373-7700. He is in Wildewood shopping center near Belk. He is very thorough, gentle, and personable. I've been going to him for 6 or 7 years and he ALWAYS starts off the visit by asking how my kids are, and knows what grade/how old they are, asks about the grandkids - this year he remembered there were 2 and that my daughter had another one since my last visit and asked how that went. I'm sure its because he is reading my chart before he comes into the room, but IMO that is a GOOD thing. And he always weighs on the side of caution. If something doesn't look quite right he WILL go the further steps to check into it at that time instead of just saying "well we'll just check again in six months and see what it says then" like I'd had other GYNs say in the past. And he actually listens to and values what YOU say to him. example: the quick check urinalysis they do in the office was negative, but I told him I really thought I was feeling the start of some bladder thing coming on. So he said "well you know your body so I'll send it out for culture." HE called me himself 3 days later and said "you were absolutely right, you do have a bladder infection" and called in meds for me right away. More Dr's should be like him. Not sure how it is for new patients, but my last annual exam I neglected to call right away when my card came in, so when I did call I got an appointment within 2 weeks.
Thanks, I will check into that. That is how Dr. Jay in Mechanicsville, but she does not except my insurance, so I had to go else where. I loved her. When I met my bf, she knew right away that something was different in my life. She said, my face was glowing. She even gave me her home phone number for the kids were sick. If I called her about the kids, she would not talk to me. She would only talk to the kids on the phone so they could tell her how they were feeling. She once came into her office for my son on a weekend when we called her at home. She is great. I miss her very much.

skizzle

Ty, how long have you been a patient with them if you don't mind me asking. That was one of the docs that polkas office mentioned.

I have been a patient for 7 years now. Always been treated great and I had the choice of seeing a man or woman. I felt comfortable seeing a woman and that is Caroll. I like her and the staff has always been friendly. I would say make some consultation appts. to see different drs for yourself. Then make your choice.

mgdbaa

I have been a patient for 7 years now. Always been treated great and I had the choice of seeing a man or woman. I felt comfortable seeing a woman and that is Caroll. I like her and the staff has always been friendly. I would say make some consultation appts. to see different drs for yourself. Then make your choice.
Exactly, I am always doing reviews on anything. So I have made a list from the info I see here. So far its helping me. Im glad I did this. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. Maybe its not meant for me to see Dr. Polka. I mean, I don't think shes a bad doc. I ve just seen her in action with delivering the babies and I have heard good things from family members. So I thought I would try her. But now I think I am having second thoughts.

J

jp2854

i wouldn't have second thoughts about seeing dr. polko. She is a wonderful doctor. I have gone to her for 8yrs.

lovinmaryland

Now are you refering to Dr. Polka? I really just need the exam. No more babies for me. I know she delivered 3 of my great neices and nephew. She has always been great in the delivery room for them. I was there for 2 of the deliverys and she will really keep you smiling during your pain. She comes and goes quickly from the birth room to the resting room for docs in the hospital, but when the time comes, trust me, she will get you through your delivery safe and comfortably.

No I was referring to Dr. Shonekan. I love Dr. Polko!!!!

mgdbaa

i wouldn't have second thoughts about seeing dr. polko. She is a wonderful doctor. I have gone to her for 8yrs.
Yeah, I mis understood what someone said earlier. Maybe if I can just see a doc just this one time until Dr. P is available. Idk what to do. Im so confused. OOPPPssss, sorry, as you can see, I text alot. Damn abbrevations. Texting is a very bad habit. I see myself typing as if I were texting. Please excuse my bad habit. Im trying to do better.

AeroTaken

oh ok, gotcha. Well so far, I have one bad comment on Dr. Tilley. I hope I get more feedback on this issue. Thanks to all.

I went to Dr. Tilley after he took over that practice from Dr. Rothberg years ago. I found him to be arrogant and his opinion was the only one that counted.

Went there for the annual, then on my second visit there several months later when I was having a recurrence of some problems he advised me that I only had two choices, at the age of 37-38 to have a hysterectomy or get the Lupron shot. And told me Lupron was GREAT and had no problems, very few side effects, and was perfect for me. I trusted him, ordered the shot, then did some research on my own to find out that it puts you in chemical menopause and that it is so sudden that the symptons are more severe than naturally going into it, etc. I went back in to talk to him and told him that we needed to look at other options he bluntly told me that he was the Dr not me, that if I didn't like either of the options he gave me that I could suffer with it because he wasn't going to treat me with any other option (which I knew by this time existed). Never went back for the shots!! Thats when I went to Dr. Polsky and he got me straightened out with neither of those harsh options and I've been relatively problem free (endometriosis) every since.

mgdbaa

I went to Dr. Tilley after he took over that practice from Dr. Rothberg years ago. I found him to be arrogant and his opinion was the only one that counted.

Went there for the annual, then on my second visit there several months later when I was having a recurrence of some problems he advised me that I only had two choices, at the age of 37-38 to have a hysterectomy or get the Lupron shot. And told me Lupron was GREAT and had no problems, very few side effects, and was perfect for me. I trusted him, ordered the shot, then did some research on my own to find out that it puts you in chemical menopause and that it is so sudden that the symptons are more severe than naturally going into it, etc. I went back in to talk to him and told him that we needed to look at other options he bluntly told me that he was the Dr not me, that if I didn't like either of the options he gave me that I could suffer with it because he wasn't going to treat me with any other option (which I knew by this time existed). Never went back for the shots!! Thats when I went to Dr. Polsky and he got me straightened out with neither of those harsh options and I've been relatively problem free (endometriosis) every since.
Ok, thats 2 x's for the Tilley. These forums really do help.