Okay, I do NOT understand this!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The point is that even if Bush WAS off smoking pot instead of taking his physical, that sort of thing didn't stop Clinton from getting elected. So what makes them think it will stop Bush?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
The point is that even if Bush WAS off smoking pot instead of taking his physical, that sort of thing didn't stop Clinton from getting elected. So what makes them think it will stop Bush?
:killingme Desperation?

When all else fails to move your opponent down in the polls, maybe it's time for self-destruction, so Shrillary will be able to run in 2008?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't know what many of you people remember but upon entry in 1974 I was tested as were all other enlistees, even though the use of the data had been under going a challenge in court as to validity and admissability. One of the items I remember of that time were that there were a number of "tested positives" coming up that had been associated with eating sandwhiches with poppy seeds obtained enroute to basic training.

Just got off the horn with my brother and he confirms testing as early as 1972, and being the admin type he was, he remembers setting up the program at his unit. He also noted that if a pilot's performance was slipping that they would be called in for a "for cause" exam and at his unit 10% of all flight physicals were tested. He said at the time the tests were for opiates, marijuana, and barbituates. It wasn't until several years later that cocaine made the list (but this wasn't common knowledge for the troops).

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Darn Ken, you're too good at this. :lol:

But yeah, I do remember the "poppy seeds on your sandwich bread" stories, but I still can't recall any active/recurring drug testing until about 1975-76, when I made EWC status, and got to endure flight physicals every year.

During the 3 years I was in W. Germany, I think I was only called for a random drug test only once.