Okay lets turn tragedy to victory!

GregV814

I'm gonna let you in on a sure bet.

On some show, (maybe Smithsonian , Weather or History Channels) documented conjecture, that soon, maybe real soon, well, probably within the next 50-200 years, a volcano may erupt in the Canary Islands sending a possible tsunami onto the East coast of the United States!!!! A wall of water, maybe 1000 feet high will wash away the coasts of Bastan, Newyork, all the way to miami!!!! Women children and POC will suffer the most!!! Are you paying attention??? Scientists and geologists with British accents drew neat pictures of what would possibly happen.

Look, this is certainly cause for panic, NOW. Run around screaming to the top of your lungs NOW!!! Go to a local hardware store, (TPD get ready) and buy polyurethane tarps, sandbags!!! Go to the 7-11 for milk and TP.

GLOBAL Warming...call your Congressman/Congress thems....donate to the DNC....do something!!!

OR

I'm going to start buying up land, houses, farms, WEST of the Appalachians to build container houses, mud huts and homeless encampments like Portland Oregon. I'll need capital and manpower to do the work. Those hippys on Cabin Masters seem to be good workers.....I got other ideas. Make a decision and jump on the GregArk....

SamSpade

Yeah I remember something like that and not believing that a wall of that size would ever reach the United States after attenuating all across the Atlantic. At that distance, I'd think it'd be more like a burp. Kind of like that scene in Finding Nemo where the underwater mines all blow up and at the surface one of the seabirds thinks his buddy farted.

What it's more likely to do is wipe out northwest Africa, Portugal, parts of Spain and raise the water a little in Brazil.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A mere inconvenience. The land that is now New York was once landlocked, adjacent to Africa, just below the equator and under an ice glacier 2000 feet taller than the Empire State Building.

A little flooding is nothing next to global reconfiguration.

gemma_rae

I saw a glacier calve on TV once.

Oh dear!
Point Warning GIF by sophiaamoruso

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trying to control something as complex and omnipotent as the universe through legislation is the most Democrat thing ever. Even just in the lil ole US of A you see things nature did that are so far beyond human capabilities that they seem impossible. Now take on a whole planet, and the galaxy it lives in, and the universe that lives in.....

Whenever I see people discussing how they're going to control the planet I make this face:

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

"I'm sorry, Earth, you can't have hurricanes or forest fires anymore. We passed a law."

It's astounding that people can be so dumb while insisting that I am the dumb one.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"I'm sorry, Earth, you can't have hurricanes or forest fires anymore. We passed a law."

It's astounding that people can be so dumb...

They certainly think highly of themselves and their abilities.

And then, when the tide doesn't obey their command, notice it's always someone else fault it didn't work.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They certainly think highly of themselves and their abilities.

And then, when the tide doesn't obey their command, notice it's always someone else fault it didn't work.

"It's the Republicans' fault!"

But Democrat politicians do that - set up an expectation of the impossible, get their cult followers on board, then blame the Republicans when it doesn't work out.

I don't really enjoy sharing my planet with people who are so stupid.