okay, sure....

GregV814

No I didn't serve in the military. I took another route. This morning, a story you will only see on NBC 4, told of a cemetery in SE Washington DC where indigenous or abandoned bodies are buried with dignity.
The story went on, with "numerous" unclaimed military members buried at Congressional Cemetery. Of particular note was one, with a U.S.M.C. headstone that read," I got an award for killing men, and fired for loving one", on an undisclosed gaymans grave.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of my granduncles was a WW2 combat veteran, European Theater.
Apparently, same sex marriage was not explicitly illegal until the mid-60's, and some places had better tolerance for folks.

Gerald and his husband Forrest (they served together in the war) were wed in 1946 in the small hill town in western Massachusetts
where Forrest was born.
They are buried together in the non-denominational cemetery there.
1664735031211.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BOP

BOP

No I didn't serve in the military. I took another route. This morning, a story you will only see on NBC 4, told of a cemetery in SE Washington DC where indigenous or abandoned bodies are buried with dignity.
The story went on, with "numerous" unclaimed military members buried at Congressional Cemetery. Of particular note was one, with a U.S.M.C. headstone that read," I got an award for killing men, and fired for loving one", on an undisclosed gaymans grave.