Old Railroad Track

recandparks

Three Notch Trail

Phase 5 of the trail is not officially open for use at this time. It is anticipated that it will be open by late spring 2011. The County will host a ribbon cutting ceremony around that time and advertise that the trail is open to the public. Patience is greatly appreciated during the construction period :)

Thanks for the info. So it is okay to use it now even though it isn't officially open? Won't get in trouble for using it now, right? I want to walk it this spring/summer. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

recandparks

Three Notch Trail

Recreation and Parks would like to hear from citizens that have pictures and items such as tickets, schedules and other memorabilia from the old railroad line that ran in St. Mary's from the late 1800's until 1965. This information will help with the interpretive signage project for the Three Notch Trail. Call 301-475-4200 ext. 1811 or email kathy.bailey@stmarysmd.com

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Is anyone going to the meeting tonight at Valley Lee VFD for discussion on next phase VI of the trail from Rt 5 to Rt 6? I seen in the paper that some were whinning that they don't want it in thier backyard and some have built buildings that encroach the trail. Also, our wonderful commissioners think the money should be spent on the southern portions of the trail now even though they have already spent money on the design of phase VI.

I when I bought my house i was happy to learn that the trail will be close to my house so I don't have to load 4 bikes up anymore or drive somewhere to jog.

officeguy

Is anyone going to the meeting tonight at Valley Lee VFD for discussion on next phase VI of the trail from Rt 5 to Rt 6? I seen in the paper that some were whinning that they don't want it in thier backyard and some have built buildings that encroach the trail. Also, our wonderful commissioners think the money should be spent on the southern portions of the trail now even though they have already spent money on the design of phase VI.

There is a reason it is called a 'right of way'. Those things are well documented, if someone encroached on it it is imho their problem.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Well, now I'm not so happy about the trial next to my house anymore. Some low life's cut the lock on my shed and stole my pressure washer, new weed-whacker with attachments, and 5 gal gas can. According to the deputy 3 sheds got hit along the trail within 24hrs. Apparently the crooks are casing places along the trail during the day and coming back at night to make their moves. Cost me $700 to reinforce my shed doors, get a new weed whacker, and I purchased a Ring floodlight camera. The shed already had it's own solar floodlight but that didn't stop them. I'm also going to look into a 6' privacy fence along my property line. I moved from Chuck County years ago to get away this crap.

officeguy

Well, now I'm not so happy about the trial next to my house anymore. Some low life's cut the lock on my shed and stole my pressure washer, new weed-whacker with attachments, and 5 gal gas can. According to the deputy 3 sheds got hit along the trail within 24hrs. Apparently the crooks are casing places along the trail during the day and coming back at night to make their moves. Cost me $700 to reinforce my shed doors, get a new weed whacker, and I purchased a Ring floodlight camera. The shed already had it's own solar floodlight but that didn't stop them. I'm also going to look into a 6' privacy fence along my property line. I moved from Chuck County years ago to get away this crap.

You must be mistaken. The people who build these trails said that wouldn't happen and that anyone against the trail was just a nimby carmudgeon and probably racist.

officeguy

Remember the good old days (last month) when any mention of nazis was an automatic Godwin fault and tacit admission that you really had no clue.

That was before anyone who doesn't lose their #### when they hear Trump speak was called a Nazi.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
AS always, subjects get completely sidetracked...try to give a heads up about some local thefts and it turns into off topic nonsense. This is why I rarely come to SoMD Forums anymore. Peace out :)

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Who cares!!! Just another waste of SMC tax money. They built the trail in the California/Lexington Park area; 100 feet from the sidewalks on 235! So, do you think the bicyclist use the trail to travel up and down the road? No, they still use 235. And, the trail runs through the many business parking lots.

no, some actually use the sidewalk. I was walking one day and heard a shout from behind, a young couple in spandex forced me off the walk - and they were on the wrong side of the road to boot.
But we all know that everyone has there own interpretation of traffic laws