Olympic Gymnasts

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
It seemed to me the US team had a camera whore on the team. Seemed every shot, of every girl, she some how made sure she was in the shot...

Won't say who, just to see if anyone else noticed...
So who was it? I didn't notice any camera whoring, just a bunch of girls who were very supportive of each other.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I'm up way too late but I wanted to watch Gabby win gold. The Russian girls are really sore losers but I think I love Mustafina. When she saw Viktoria BAWLING for winning silver she had the #####iest smirk on her face. :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gymnasts are tiny because they have to be light and agile. Once you get boobs and hips, you're no longer aerodynamic and you're done. It's a natural body type, like a body type for any sport. Vaulters used to be bigger girls but now they need to be able to compete all-around, which shuts them out.

:nerd:

belvak

Happy Camper
Gymnasts are tiny because they have to be light and agile. Once you get boobs and hips, you're no longer aerodynamic and you're done. It's a natural body type, like a body type for any sport. Vaulters used to be bigger girls but now they need to be able to compete all-around, which shuts them out.

:nerd:

I used to be tiny, and good at gymnastics (YEARS AND YEARS AGO)! I loved it! Now, I have bad ankles, bad shoulder joints, sore knees... Get the picture? Oh, and my hair hurts any time I put it up in those tight pony tails! God Bless the US Gymnastics team for doing what they are doing! :patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to be tiny, and good at gymnastics (YEARS AND YEARS AGO)! I loved it! Now, I have bad ankles, bad shoulder joints, sore knees... Get the picture? Oh, and my hair hurts any time I put it up in those tight pony tails! God Bless the US Gymnastics team for doing what they are doing! :patriot:

I was done by 10th grade but several of the girls in my class who competed through high school have the same injuries. Can you imagine the stress these Olympic athletes are putting on their bodies? I like to see them all pick up medals because they'll be paying for it the rest of their lives.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I was done by 10th grade but several of the girls in my class who competed through high school have the same injuries. Can you imagine the stress these Olympic athletes are putting on their bodies? I like to see them all pick up medals because they'll be paying for it the rest of their lives.

Isn't that the truth? They aren't perfect to start, there are many falls and injuries, then the fear of falling again. It's not easy. Just getting this far is a lifetime achievement in itself.

belvak

Happy Camper

I went through 12th grade. Was never anywhere near competition level, just liked doing it because it was fun. Looking back now, I shouldn't have done it. I know for a fact that my ankles are weak from gymnastics, I have shoulders (yes, two of them) that want to pop out of socket every so often, and hips and knees that want to retire early!!!! Really early!! :lol:

Anyway, it was a great experience! Would I trade it? Given what I know now, maybe... But, as a teenager, NEVER!!!! It was so fun!!! Thats's why there's always an new generation ready to step in. Olympics-wise, that is very, very good for the USA! :insertnewpatriotsuggestedsmiliehere:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn't that the truth? They aren't perfect to start, there are many falls and injuries, then the fear of falling again. It's not easy. Just getting this far is a lifetime achievement in itself.

And they get one shot, on a routine they've done a hundred times before, yet anything can knock them out of it. I love Olympic athletes, they are incredible.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
And they get one shot, on a routine they've done a hundred times before, yet anything can knock them out of it. I love Olympic athletes, they are incredible.

I have respect for each and every one of them. They are the best of the best.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Especially the beach volleyball players....

Not sure if incredible is a word that does them.justice..

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I can't keep up with all these Olympic events.

This is a new one to me. :killingme

Attachments

• epic-fail-fail-nation-going-for-gold-fail.jpg
    epic-fail-fail-nation-going-for-gold-fail.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 61