Olympic skateboarding

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I could watch it every day. Those little cowboys with their cool tricks - SO cute! I love snowboarding, too, for the same reason - they look like they're having fun and not taking themselves too seriously. They wipe out and don't have a meltdown over it - they get up, laugh, and bow to the crowd. They're just as excited when their buddy takes the gold as when they do.

BTW, our guy Cory Juneau took the bronze yesterday. :patriot:

Bonehead

Still a stupid addition to the Olympics. But in all honesty the Olympics can suck it for allowing political statements.

rio

I like things like skateboarding and ice dancing in the olympics because they're fun to watch. I hate it because the judging is so subjective.
I love that things like track and weight lifting have very clear winners and losers, but they're no fun to watch.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like things like skateboarding and ice dancing in the olympics because they're fun to watch. I hate it because the judging is so subjective.
I love that things like track and weight lifting have very clear winners and losers, but they're no fun to watch.

Same here. I love the sports that put on a show. Figure skating, skateboarding, snowboarding, gymnastics, etc.

Track and weightlifting - (blows raspberry). Although curling is weirdly compelling. I'm not sure why.

Wait until Bonehead sees that break dancing will be an Olympic event in 2024.... :jet:

mitzi

OK … which is more of an Olympic sport - skateboarding or curling? 😂

WTH is curling? :killingme This beach volleyball that's on now is pretty boring to me. For someone who hated track in school, I like watching it on the Olympics.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WTH is curling? :killingme

Guys who look like 70s suburban dads play shuffleboard on ice with their wife's iron instead of a puck. One dad throws and the other dads sweep sweep sweep the path of the iron so it will slide farther. The girl curlers are adorable, but the guy curlers look like King of the Hill.

Fun fact: Mr. T is a big curling fan. <-- I swear I'm not making that up.

mitzi

Guys who look like 70s suburban dads play shuffleboard on ice with their wife's iron instead of a puck. One dad throws and the other dads sweep sweep sweep the path of the iron so it will slide farther. The girl curlers are adorable, but the guy curlers look like King of the Hill.

Fun fact: Mr. T is a big curling fan. <-- I swear I'm not making that up.

Somehow I've missed curling :yay:.

HemiHauler

Olympic speed walking is easily the most entertaining. It's like you have to go "number 2" really badly and you're trying to get to the bathroom while trying to keep from turtle-heading.