On the Subject of Lashes

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I have been fortunate enough to have in my hand and on my lashes a few decent brands of mascara lately. I wanted to share (and ask you to do the same, if you wish), as I love to experiment and thought I'd give my input of the products I have and use.

The first two are Maybelline products and are staples:

Lash Discovery

Lash Stylist

They can be found just about anywhere and I tend to keep one or the other on hand. The Lash Stylist takes a bit of getting used to, but can create dramatic results. The Lash Discovery isi a perfect lash enhancer; it has a skinny wand and brush and I usually use it on top of the stylist to bring out a little more length.

Also, you'll notice that all of the products that I list are either waterproof or water resistant*. My eyes tend to water quite a bit, therefore I try to combat the Susan Sarandon/Rocky Horror Picture Show look! :biggrin:

Next are the department store/online accessible products:

Blinc Kiss Me Tube Mascara :banana: - The best way to describe this product comes from the listing itself - it AMPLIFIES your lashes! (and it's kinda fun to pick at them before you remove your makeup :lol:)

Lancome Definicils - Definicils is a lovely product, really. It totally captures the lashes and makes the most without being overbearing. I have just the black, as opposed to jet black, so again - not overbearing. I usually wear it during the day as it's not too dark.

Bare Escentuals Weather Anything - Now here is a product that seems to expand and reinforce your lashes. I like it quite a bit!

And finally:

DiorShow Waterproof - This mascara is THE BOMB!! :dye: I can't really describe why I like it so much, it just seems to set it self a little apart from the others. It offers a lot of work and results with simple strokes.

Well, I hope this was helpful - or at least interesting! :howdy:

*resistant/resistent - both appear in online dictionary :jameo:

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

I've seen both of these; the Stiletto has been fairly visible lately on endcaps and displays.

Do you ladies find that you use your product everyday? I think it would be fun to product test and submit reviews, keeping the products as a "Thank You" for the time spent.

:lol:

sockgirl77

After a day's wear, do you find that you could leave the house again after work without having to touch up your lashes, wipe off any smudging or repair any running that may have occurred?

Does the product make a statement? Make your lashes stand out? And would you recommend it to a friend?

I don't do my makeup until 3PM but I never have to touch up. It lasts until 2AM when I was it off.

Yes, yes, and yes. It makes me have great lashes which I definitely do not have naturally.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
NYX Doll eyes mascara in very black

I used to wear nothing but MAC Zoomlash but the NYX works so much better for my lashes.

lovinmaryland

And finally:

DiorShow Waterproof - This mascara is THE BOMB!! :dye: I can't really describe why I like it so much, it just seems to set it self a little apart from the others. It offers a lot of work and results with simple strokes.

Well, I hope this was helpful - or at least interesting! :howdy:

*resistant/resistent - both appear in online dictionary :jameo:

Anyone else use this? I just ordered some and hoping it is worth the hefty price.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've heard Diorshow is good, but I'll only spend that much on mascara once in a blue moon. My favorite high-end-but-cheapish mascara is Sephora Full Action. It's like 15 bucks, works great, and doesn't get all clumpy in the tube after awhile like drugstore mascaras do (not that I dislike drugstore mascaras because I wear them a lot too). Right now I'm trying out a Rimmel mascara. Sexy Curves or something like that. It's okay, but doesn't give much volume.

MMM_donuts

I wear mascara every single day and work outside with airplanes so I can definitely tell you what doesn't work.I have thin but long lashes so I always try to go with waterproof. I seem to be somewhat unsuccessful though.

Unfortunately Lash Stiletto would be on that list. It was ok but not something I'd buy again because I'd find smudges of it under my eyes.

lovinmaryland

I bought some at least two years back. It was okay. Not bad, but not amazing if I remember. The very best mascara is Revlon, hands down!
I love Loreal and normally use that.
I've heard Diorshow is good, but I'll only spend that much on mascara once in a blue moon. My favorite high-end-but-cheapish mascara is Sephora Full Action. It's like 15 bucks, works great, and doesn't get all clumpy in the tube after awhile like drugstore mascaras do (not that I dislike drugstore mascaras because I wear them a lot too). Right now I'm trying out a Rimmel mascara. Sexy Curves or something like that. It's okay, but doesn't give much volume.

Got it in the mail and it is pretty good. I think it will be better if I use it as the base coat and then go over w/ another thicker wand.