One year.

NOTSMC

My boy has been gone one year.....the condolences pour in but nothing seems to get easier.

Kids are not supposed to go before their parents. Now I know exactly why that is.
It's always too soon my friend. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts tonight. :huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Its blowing a small gale off our shore right now....straight in to shore. I stood out on the dock with a beer in hand, watching each wave break. Knowing that ..within each wave..a small piece of him had to be in there. Because we put his ashes overboard in the middle of the creek. It didn't help anything feel better really..it just was what it was.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
HKHX7996.JPG

NOTSMC

Its blowing a small gale off our shore right now....straight in to shore. I stood out on the dock with a beer in hand, watching each wave break. Knowing that ..within each wave..a small piece of him had to be in there. Because we put his ashes overboard in the middle of the creek. It didn't help anything feel better really..it just was what it was.
That's a lovely way to remember him. I know firsthand that it seems like it takes forever to remember him without sadness, but eventually it happens and the person you loved more than anything on earth...I don't know how to explain it, you'll "see" him somewhere in a place that he loved and you'll actually smile and be at peace knowing how much life he crammed into his short time on earth. Based on the crowd that evening, I'm betting your son REALLY lived a happy fulfilling joyful life.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:huggy:

ontheriver

black dog

Free America
I just can't imagine my friend. I just can't. Breathe in and breathe out.
I never understood the anguish in my fathers face when I told him his only son, didn't enlist in the Navy. And then I got the same look when I went to work back overseas a few years later. With my only son following those same footsteps, now I understand the anguish and the sleepless nights like Im sure my father had back then.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It doesn't help. Not right away , anyway. There are countless writings on grief, and really, none of those help, either. Not right away. There will come a time, though, when you have less intense feelings of grief. It usually does happen, but it's different for everyone - it happens differently for each person and at a different time for each person. No one can even give another person a date or time that it will. That part sucks, too.

I think that feeling the grief, while so intensely painful is honestly better in the long run than not feeling it. You've always talked about your adventurous spirit and that your son also had that same spirit. One day those precious happy and fun memories will be more frequent and will overpower the grief, and that's when they will bring more comfort than pain.

You're right -it's not the natural order of life to lose a child first. It sucks. :huggy:

frequentflier

happy to be living

dave20

I'm sorry you have to live with the loss of your son. I can't imagine your anguish. Cherish the memories of the good times. At least you still have those. God Bless.

rio

Hugs to you. Hold onto the little moments. Some will be sad and painful, some will be full of happy memories, and someday I hope there will be quiet and peaceful ones that help you rest easier.