Onebdzee's furnace

What is the problem?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

onebdzee

off the shelf
update....

the heater is working better than it was(if that's possible)....however, the fan won't cut off :ohwell:

I've done everything possible(with the exception of re-wiring the damn thing) to get it to go off....I didn't notice that the thing was running till I came in from work, so it's been running since the guy left

As I was staring at the thermostat, I was on the phone with the heater guy(not th cute one) and asked why the fan wouldn't shut off....he said he would send (cute) heater guy out in the morning to see what is going on

the heater is working better than it was(if that's possible)....however, the fan won't cut off :ohwell:

I've done everything possible(with the exception of re-wiring the damn thing) to get it to go off....I didn't notice that the thing was running till I came in from work, so it's been running since the guy left

As I was staring at the thermostat, I was on the phone with the heater guy(not th cute one) and asked why the fan wouldn't shut off....he said he would send (cute) heater guy out in the morning to see what is going on

Ok, you know about the fan switch on the thermostat? Should be set to AUTO, not ON or OFF.

Vince

It wasn't doing it before he messed with it(and before it broke) :ohwell:
Hey, mine just crapped out one day. All of a sudden it stopped running. Checked fuses, etc. and heater guy came and replaced the thermostat. :shrug: They tend to go to #### all of a sudden like that.

Rael

Supper's Ready
A lot of times to get the furnace started while testing, they set the temperature higher than normal. Could be an adjustment of the temp on the thermostat back to where you normally keep it. :shrug:

onebdzee

off the shelf
A lot of times to get the furnace started while testing, they set the temperature higher than normal. Could be an adjustment of the temp on the thermostat back to where you normally keep it. :shrug:

Did that before he left....I can turn the heater completely off take the batteries out of the thermostat and the fan continues to run

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Did that before he left....I can turn the heater completely off take the batteries out of the thermostat and the fan continues to run

Well, are you at least warm, cause I'm tucking in for the night soon and don't want to be woken up.

He wired the new control unit incorrectly. Like was stated earlier, the guy just wanted an excuse to come back.....

Aside from the fan running, at least you have heat tonight.

Rael

Supper's Ready
How furnace fan and blower motor controls work and repair wiring
Not sure if this link will help, onebdzee. They seem to stress don't #### (mess) :biggrin: with it until parts are available in certain cases. But they have a couple suggestions which might be worth looking into. Otherwise, cutey pants may have to show up after all tomorrow. Bad weather to be taking the risk to do something tonight. Wish I could be more helpful.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Not sure if this link will help, onebdzee. They seem to stress don't #### (mess) :biggrin: with it until parts are available in certain cases. But they have a couple suggestions which might be worth looking into. Otherwise, cutey pants may have to show up after all tomorrow. Bad weather to be taking the risk to do something tonight. Wish I could be more helpful.

Watch it. She only refers to me as "cutey pants."

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf

I have heat and I'm not touching it....but, thanks :lol:

and OH YES he fit those jeans rather well :hot:

onebdzee

off the shelf
update again....

Heater guy was supposed to call before he showed up....he didn't(took off points)....he talked down to me when he walked in the door(minus points)....then gave me a dumbfounded look as I explained to him that all he had to do was call and I could have fixed the thing myself(threw his number in the trash on his way out the door)

But, my heater works and the fan comes on and goes off like it's supposed to(it was a button that he forgot to push for the fan motor) :biggrin:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions