ONLY in Maryland....literally

Vince

I'm getting out of this state when I retire unless we can get rid of the idiots by then, i.e. O'effingMalley. :banghead:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Just out of curiosity, why are you against it?

I could go on for days but here it is in a nutshell: Because I would rather see my tax dollars spent teaching children how to add, subtract, multiply and divide, how to read and comprehend what they read and how to write in complete, coherent and correctly spelled sentences. Not enough of that and it shows. Too much touchy-feely crap being passed off as "education" that in the grand scheme of things adds absolutely no value!

bcp

In My Opinion
Just out of curiosity, why are you against it?

Im against it because it pushes a strong agenda to embrace global warming and regulations on business. Neither one is a good thing.
I also have concerns how any official in this this state could even pretend to have knowledge about environmental issues, just look at that toilet called the bay, or look at what used to be open or forest land now covered by so many homes that there is no trace of natural setting left. These are the same idiots that will keep approving neighborhoods without any regard to the traffic jam that will follow.

In short, it would be like having Adolf Hitler design a diversity training class.

And I too have every intention of leaving this hell hole in 8 years when we can retire. Our retirement savings funds are already held by banks outside of the state to insure that the libs can devise a way to get their grubby little uneducated hands on it.

bcp

In My Opinion
I could go on for days but here it is in a nutshell: Because I would rather see my tax dollars spent teaching children how to add, subtract, multiply and divide, how to read and comprehend what they read and how to write in complete, coherent and correctly spelled sentences. Not enough of that and it shows. Too much touchy-feely crap being passed off as "education" that in the grand scheme of things adds absolutely no value!

But, it allows owemalley and his band if idiots to create a new non-educational course that even the lower life forms in PG and Baltimore city can pass,, Im sure the grades will be subjective. Just think how well the schools will be performing once this is 90% of the final grade average.

PsyOps

Pixelated
From what I've read it's just an extension of what's already being taught (in part) in science classes - just a little more in-depth.

Perhaps you can tells us what this new 'literacy' is all about. What exactly will our kids be learning about? What is the specific subject matter?

:tap:

bcp

In My Opinion
Well maybe our children will be smarter than those in office if they're taught about consequences.

You can be sure that they will not teach about the planning to the extent of pointing out that they are idiots.

by the way, you do realize that in some programs this is already being taught. I have a fairly decent idea of the liberal lies that parents have to keep washing out of their childs minds.

Liberals are just nasty people.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Wow! So now those kids at Frederick Douglass High School in Baltimore can graduate BOTH functionally and environmentally illiterate!
MO'M & Co. should be impaled on trees...

You environmentally insensitive dolt, why would anyone do that to a poor, defenseless tree?!? :smack:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I looked it up the same way you could look it up if you were interested enough to do so. I don't want to get in an argument - I was just curious why some people were already against it.

Because it's the GOVERNMENT dictating what is or isn't taught to our kids..

Bypassing local BOE's and Parental input at the local level mandating at a state liberal level what will be taught at Ridge Elementary (just as an example).

It's the state overstepping their bounds, and superceding local governments and the people in local communities.

Maybe WE want out kids taught the basics, maybe WE want our kids to learn what it takes to get ahead in life, but now the state is going to MANDATE that x amount of hours a week MUST be used teaching their liberal agenda.

Is that enough, or do you need more?

Maybe we should mandate economic literacy.. or trade literacy.. or maybe, just maybe literacy..

PsyOps

Pixelated
I looked it up the same way you could look it up if you were interested enough to do so. I don't want to get in an argument - I was just curious why some people were already against it.

Because it's just another BS part of our kids education that takes them farther and farther away from learning their core subjects. I think the fact that one of THE MOST LIBERAL states in the union made this a requirement answers the question.

And the fact that you throw your BS "I looked it up the same way you could" tells me you don't know what the heck our kids will be taught in this crap 'subject'.

This state, like so many others, aren't interested in getting our kids ready for the real world with real knowledge because they intend to dumb them down making them nice little liberal/progressive lemmings.

bcp

In My Opinion

lets put it this way.
Can you think of anything that the idiot liberals in Maryland have done that actually turned out for the good?

What for even the most remote moment gives you cause to think this can be any different?

liberals are idiots. They prove it time and time again.

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm not throwing BS at you - there are no real specifics that I could find which is why I was curious that some people were so immediately against it. This has all the makings of an argument though and I have no intention of going there - hope you have a good evening and I hope I'm not bored at work tomorrow....

You know Dixie, there are people right on this forum that have children in STEM, those kids are already being forced to go through this. So, like it or not, there are people here, some posting on this very thread that have a very good idea since they have already seen it for the last two years at least.

its not good.

Vince

And another new one from our buddy O'effingMalley. He's now getting together some kind of investigating team to look into Septic tanks and their effect on the environment. Guess what's next for all of us that have Septic tanks? You guessed it, a tax for us leaking our waste into the ground. I'll bet money on that one.

bcp

In My Opinion
How amazing is that?
lets see, where do we find the majority of septic systems...
Oh I know, the counties that don't include PG, Baltimore City and Montgomery, Now lets guess where any money will go.. I bet to those same counties that dont have a large number of septic systems.

or, maybe he will decide to put people to work by installing water and septic to all the homes that currently dont have it.. wait for the drought and the lack of water shortly after.
Of course, lets not mention that the homeowners have to either pay for the frontage when the pipes go in, and they have to pay for the connection from their house to those pipes, and they have to pay to have their wells capped.. or if they cant pay for all of that, they can forfeit their property for the good of the community.

again, liberals prove they are idiots.

Go G-Men

MD Becomes First State to Require Environmental Literacy

Okay, this time I think I really HAVE seen it all :faint:

Totally amazed that this would even be considered let alone passed.

While our children in the State and this country continue to show decreasing basic skills the left wing NUTS decide that we should dilute the educational curriculum by adding in a topic that is totally useless and only serves to breed more left wing NUTS.

willie

And another new one from our buddy O'effingMalley. He's now getting together some kind of investigating team to look into Septic tanks and their effect on the environment. Guess what's next for all of us that have Septic tanks? You guessed it, a tax for us leaking our waste into the ground. I'll bet money on that one.
You win. The Bay Restoration Fee ($30) is known as the Flush Tax.