Ooh, CVS Health Hub!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had to get a wellness checkup for my health insurance people so my premiums can be almost nothing a month. There's this thing called "Minute Clinic" that's inside my local CVS and it's absolutely the way to go. The doctor was great, I was in at my appointed time, and out a half hour later with a complete blood and general health workup. I didn't think anything could improve on urgent care, but here it is.....

So I'm all excited because I was dreading the appointment - they typically are a time suck and annoying. This was EZPZ :yahoo:

Also I'm completely healthy, which will make my work place happy and reduce my monthly premium share to like $25. :yahoo:

Clem72

I had to get a wellness checkup for my health insurance people so my premiums can be almost nothing a month. There's this thing called "Minute Clinic" that's inside my local CVS and it's absolutely the way to go. The doctor was great, I was in at my appointed time, and out a half hour later with a complete blood and general health workup. I didn't think anything could improve on urgent care, but here it is.....

So I'm all excited because I was dreading the appointment - they typically are a time suck and annoying. This was EZPZ :yahoo:

Also I'm completely healthy, which will make my work place happy and reduce my monthly premium share to like $25. :yahoo:

They can't seem to keep DRs/NPs/PAs at any of the Minute Clinics in SOMD. They are always open one month, then closed for 3 or 4 then open for a week then closed for another month.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I gave CVS the boot for their prescription antics. I want to control my own prescriptions, not leave it up to an automated system.

Got a 3 month prescription. At 1 month into it, started getting the "time to refill. do you want to refill?" texts. :eyebrow:
"No".
"Ok, no refill."
"Your prescription was auto-refilled and ready for pickup." Still had a 2 month supply. How they got it past the insurance?

or

"Your prescription has expired and cannot be refilled. Do you want us to contact your doctor for a new prescription?"
"NO"
"Ok, we won't contact your doctor."
"We contacted your doctor to refill your prescription, but they denied. " no kidding, that's why I said don't contact them......

I'd ask the pharmacy desk to remove me from auto-everything. Did that multiple times.
Contacted CVS Central by phone, requested no auto-anything.
Sent e-mails.
Every time I was told it would not auto-refill.
Bullchit. Never stopped, so switched pharmacies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They can't seem to keep DRs/NPs/PAs at any of the Minute Clinics in SOMD. They are always open one month, then closed for 3 or 4 then open for a week then closed for another month.

I hope this one stays open forever. Not that I'll use it because I never have anything wrong with me, but it was super convenient and pain-free today.

limblips

PREMO Member
I gave CVS the boot for their prescription antics. I want to control my own prescriptions, not leave it up to an automated system.

Got a 3 month prescription. At 1 month into it, started getting the "time to refill. do you want to refill?" texts. :eyebrow:
"No".
"Ok, no refill."
"Your prescription was auto-refilled and ready for pickup." Still had a 2 month supply. How they got it past the insurance?

or

"Your prescription has expired and cannot be refilled. Do you want us to contact your doctor for a new prescription?"
"NO"
"Ok, we won't contact your doctor."
"We contacted your doctor to refill your prescription, but they denied. " no kidding, that's why I said don't contact them......

I'd ask the pharmacy desk to remove me from auto-everything. Did that multiple times.
Contacted CVS Central by phone, requested no auto-anything.
Sent e-mails.
Every time I was told it would not auto-refill.
Bullchit. Never stopped, so switched pharmacies.
They must have attended the Express Scripts School of Pharmacy Management.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was using the poorly programmed website for Leonardtown CVS to refill a script. I saw another was up for refill, so I chose that one as well. Went for pickup, one script too early and will be ready and cleared for copay price on next Tuesday. I went in on Wednesday and "Nose ring" said it will be ready in a few hours. Me, "It was on the shelf and ready for pickup yesterday." Nose ring, "They're filling it now and it will be ready, blahblahblah". Me, (sigh) and I walked out.

Switching to Walgreens at my next Dr appt.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was using the poorly programmed website for Leonardtown CVS to refill a script. I saw another was up for refill, so I chose that one as well. Went for pickup, one script too early and will be ready and cleared for copay price on next Tuesday. I went in on Wednesday and "Nose ring" said it will be ready in a few hours. Me, "It was on the shelf and ready for pickup yesterday." Nose ring, "They're filling it now and it will be ready, blahblahblah". Me, (sigh) and I walked out.

Switching to Walgreens at my next Dr appt.
I have been VERY happy with Family Care Pharmacy, but that's probably a bit of a hike for you.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have been VERY happy with Family Care Pharmacy, but that's probably a bit of a hike for you.
Mommy Dearest uses Walgreens, so they know me and treat me well. It seems like I'm in there at least once a week anyway. CVS used to be my pharmacy just because they have a drive thru window, but I very seldom use it anymore.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Mommy Dearest uses Walgreens, so they know me and treat me well. It seems like I'm in there at least once a week anyway. CVS used to be my pharmacy just because they have a drive thru window, but I very seldom use it anymore.
I can't stand CVS. I used Walgreens when I was in Maine last month.