Opposing gay marriage 'isn't unfairness'

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Opposing gay marriage 'isn't unfairness' | News.com.au

"But at least from the church perspective, opposition to such legalisation has nothing to do with discrimination.

"Plain and simply, Christians oppose same-sex marriage because the Bible, the word of the God who created male and female and also created marriage, clearly and distinctly says that marriage is between one man and one woman - which means not between two men or two women."

StoneThrower

"But at least from the church perspective, opposition to such legalisation has nothing to do with discrimination.

"Plain and simply, Christians oppose same-sex marriage because the Bible, the word of the God who created male and female and also created marriage, clearly and distinctly says that marriage is between one man and one woman - which means not between two men or two women."

Nope, the church doesn’t discriminate whether you’re gay or you’re strait.
A gay man can marry a woman just like a strait one, or a gay woman can marry a strait guy just like a strait woman marrying a strait guy.

The man represents Christ and the woman represents the church so you need one of each, or its not marriage and the picture can’t be completed.

That said, I myself would not marry any couple, that after marital counseling I were not convinced that both are born again believers. I could not marry two unbelievers, as it does not fully complete the picture to the world either, as unbelievers can’t represent Christ and the church, and there is a possibility in the future the couple could become unequally yoked.

Marriage is defined by God and His word, not the culture. It doesn’t matter if you believe in God, that doesn’t change the fact that he exist.
Marriage is an office that belongs to the church and not to the state, and the state cannot sanction it. They may require a license, but they have no authority in bringing together a man and a woman as one, in Holy matrimony before God and man. They may be able to grant a request for a civil union, two people entering into a contractual agreement for cohabitation and joint property ownership, but that’s a far cry from a marriage!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It is mind-boggingly unbelieveable, but probably not, how the left, particularly members of the homosexual communi-tuh! attempt to twist definitions and words around to work in their perceived favor.

It's either 100% in pro-homosexual favor on every issue, or you are a discriminator, hater, bigot, sexist, racist, etc.

Doesn't go that way for the queer side, though. No matter how mean, crude, uninformed, hateful they are to anyone who disagrees with them, that's ok.

What hypocrites.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

The complication with that Christian perspective is that the Bible declares a far different message.

In the Bible it declares that God turns the men and the women into homosexuals.

It is very clearly told in Romans 1:24-32

Verse 24 = Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts ...

Verse 26 = For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections ...

Verse 28 = God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things ...

So God did this to the homosexuals, and so fighting against it is to fight against the will of God.

I say Christians and all Americans could look at the one big benefit of the so called "Gay marriage" which is that it serves as a public registry, so then we know who they are and where they are, just like the sex offenders registry except the "gay marriage" is a voluntary registry.

:whistle:

StoneThrower

The complication with that Christian perspective is that the Bible declares a far different message.

In the Bible it declares that God turns the men and the women into homosexuals.

It is very clearly told in Romans 1:24-32

Verse 24 = Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts ...

Verse 26 = For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections ...

Verse 28 = God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things ...

So God did this to the homosexuals, and so fighting against it is to fight against the will of God.

I say Christians and all Americans could look at the one big benefit of the so called "Gay marriage" which is that it serves as a public registry, so then we know who they are and where they are, just like the sex offenders registry except the "gay marriage" is a voluntary registry.

God is not guilty of causing sin, he uses it, but he doesn't cause it, or he couldn't be God.

If you read the verses correctly he is letting people already in sin, that keep rejecting him, and insist on the sin over him and he abandons them to their sin.:smack:

Last edited:

hotcoffee

The way I read it.....

We know what is right and what is wrong. Most of us make wise decisions.... and we place God in the front of everything.....

My Dad taught me God, Family, Country.....

Sometimes we make bad decisions.... It's Human.... it happens....

God's not responsible for out bad decisions... we know better....

If we catch ourselves when we do make a mistake.... God will help us get back to the path....

We ate of the tree of knowledge.... He told us not to... He wanted us to stay innocent.

Being gay is something some people seem to live with. Being a drunk or an addict of any kind is also something some people seem to live with. Sometimes we are tempted.... it happens.... we aren't perfect....

:coffee:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Nope, the church doesn’t discriminate whether you’re gay or you’re strait.
A gay man can marry a woman just like a strait one, or a gay woman can marry a strait guy just like a strait woman marrying a strait guy.

The man represents Christ and the woman represents the church so you need one of each, or its not marriage and the picture can’t be completed.

That said, I myself would not marry any couple, that after marital counseling I were not convinced that both are born again believers. I could not marry two unbelievers, as it does not fully complete the picture to the world either, as unbelievers can’t represent Christ and the church, and there is a possibility in the future the couple could become unequally yoked.

Marriage is defined by God and His word, not the culture. It doesn’t matter if you believe in God, that doesn’t change the fact that he exist.
Marriage is an office that belongs to the church and not to the state, and the state cannot sanction it. They may require a license, but they have no authority in bringing together a man and a woman as one, in Holy matrimony before God and man. They may be able to grant a request for a civil union, two people entering into a contractual agreement for cohabitation and joint property ownership, but that’s a far cry from a marriage!
We can see the basic fault with your opinion, you have no clue what the word "fact" means. Once you get that right the rest of your argument looks silly.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they marveled at him.
~Mark 12:17

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

God is not guuily of causing sin, he uses it, but he doesn't cause it, or he couldn't be God.

If you read the verses correctly he is letting people already in sin, that keep rejecting him, and insist on the sin over him and he abandons them to their sin.:smack:

What you are claiming is NOT what is said in the Bible - Romans 1:18-32

1st - it is NOT calling homosexuality as a sin as that is what you are calling it, as it says God gave it to them as a punishment. It declares that God did this because - they "changed the truth of God into a lie" and "as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge" and they "changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man" per verse 23.

2nd - it does not say those people are already doing the homosexuality - no, it says they were doing other things wrong and THEN as punishment God turns them over to their lust.

They were turned into homosexuals as the punishment given by God.

"What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Since God turned those people into homosexuals THEN fighting against it is to fight against the will of God.

Bavarian

It is mind-boggingly unbelieveable, but probably not, how the left, particularly members of the homosexual communi-tuh! attempt to twist definitions and words around to work in their perceived favor.

It's either 100% in pro-homosexual favor on every issue, or you are a discriminator, hater, bigot, sexist, racist, etc.

Doesn't go that way for the queer side, though. No matter how mean, crude, uninformed, hateful they are to anyone who disagrees with them, that's ok.

What hypocrites.

Don't they always! They always force us to accept their views and ideas, but won't let us have our own. And woe if we say they are wrong. Look at Bob Kathey.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

Here's something for you to read.... Romans Chapter 7.... start at verse 7

That is great, and apparently it is a followup to what is said in Romans 1.

Of course it appears that you posted that into the wrong thread, which I will correct.
====================

Romans 7:

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
====================

:howdy:

According to that it does NOT matter that the person is sinning in their flesh, as like homosexuals of Romans 1:24-32

The person can be serving the laws of God, while sinning in their flesh.

And that is the doctrine as given by the Apostle Paul in the book of Romans.

foodcritic

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen

Placing the blame on God is just another false teaching of JP Cusick. Any clear reading of the bible and it's context demonstrates that it's the choice to rebel. One would have to ignore numerous other verses about marriage and immoral conduct draw another conclusion. Of course deceivers will do this. They exchanged is clearly putting the blame on the person not God

Here is the key to the chapter...

32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Sound familiar? These people approve and enable the behavior of others.

JPCusick

My real name.

Placing the blame on God is just another false teaching of JP Cusick. Any clear reading of the bible and it's context demonstrates that it's the choice to rebel. One would have to ignore numerous other verses about marriage and immoral conduct draw another conclusion. Of course deceivers will do this. They exchanged is clearly putting the blame on the person not God

Here is the key to the chapter...
32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Sound familiar? These people approve and enable the behavior of others.

You yourself might not be able to face-up to the reality, but I gave you the links and the text and references as like Romans 1:24-32

Neither myself or the Apostle Paul are approving the wrongs or saying it is okay to do the wrongs or to sin in the flesh - no.

What is being said is this = To hate the sin but do not hate the sinner.

That is a thing which very many Christians need to improve on.

So that if the message or Gospel is done correctly then we are NOT to be prejudiced and not to discriminate and not to kill them or burn them in a Hell, as the sinners (and homosexuals) are already being punished now by God here on earth.

That is what the Bible declares through the writing of the Apostle Paul.

foodcritic

You yourself might not be able to face-up to the reality, but I gave you the links and the text and references as like Romans 1:24-32

Neither myself or the Apostle Paul are approving the wrongs or saying it is okay to do the wrongs or to sin in the flesh - no.

What is being said is this = To hate the sin but do not hate the sinner.
Yes
That is a thing which very many Christians need to improve on.

So that if the message or Gospel is done correctly then we are NOT to be prejudiced and not to discriminate and not to kill them or burn them in a Hell,
as the sinners (and homosexuals) are already being punished now by God here on earth.
No not true

That is what the Bible declares through the writing of the Apostle Paul.

rubberbandheart

What hypocrites.

Maybe it's because your beliefs are not only anti-gay, they're anti-person. Your beliefs have the power to directly impact the way I can live my own personal life. Why is that fair? How is a gay person getting married directly impacting your personal life? Religion aside, (because it's not really fair to impose our religions on one another), it's very different. I don't agree with anyone being hateful, but when you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were born gay (despite what others like you might have to say about it), for someone to tell you that they should have control over your life, it's insulting and it gets a little maddening. You having an opinion about gays imposes on my life way more than my opinion about anti-gays does.

JPCusick

My real name.
Excellent.

That is great, and apparently it is a followup to what is said in Romans 1.

Of course it appears that you posted that into the wrong thread, which I will correct.
====================

Romans 7:

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
====================

:howdy:

According to that it does NOT matter that the person is sinning in their flesh, as like homosexuals of Romans 1:24-32

The person can be serving the laws of God, while sinning in their flesh.

And that is the doctrine as given by the Apostle Paul in the book of Romans.

I never noticed it before, so this is a revelation, or as some call an "aha moment", in that the evidence suggest that the Apostle Paul was himself a practicing homosexual.

That is not completely definite but the evidence is there in his own words.

In Romans 1:24-32 Paul directly declares that God gave up the persons to their homosexuality, and he does NOT say how he Paul got that information. It did not come from the Old Testament and Jesus is not recorded as saying such a thing, so did God speak only to Paul and gave Paul this private message that He God turned persons into homos?

Then as quoted in my posting above it comes later in that same book of Romans in Romans 7:14-25 as Paul is saying that he himself can not stop himself from sinning in the flesh - " O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? "

The Apostle Paul simply does NOT say that he himself is NOT a homosexual and that is a big point to leave out of his own letter, and he did not have a wife, and He was a Roman citizen who Roman citizens were known to have homosexuality as a part of their nasty culture.

By Paul's own words he himself gives strong implication that he was himself an active ongoing homosexual as displayed in his own letter (or Epistle) to the Romans.

Aha.

warneckutz

I never noticed it before, so this is a revelation, or as some call an "aha moment", in that the evidence suggest that the Apostle Paul was himself a practicing homosexual.
Aha.

That's why you read the Bible... you like those love stories...

bcp

In My Opinion
Actually the first step is to start accepting the truths along with stopping the lies.

As such - I am not happy for you.

:barf:

Whats next numbnuts? you going to claim that Jesus Christ himself was a homo?

You should really cut back on your drinking.,, or sniffing paint fumes,, whatever it is that has rotted your brain.