Osmonds or Jacksons

Osmonds or Jacksons

• Total voters

Rael

Supper's Ready
Okay, we were watching an Osmond "years later" show for a while tonight, and it brought up the question. Personally, I think the Jackson Five were way better. You?

Never done a poll before, so maybe one will follow. I clicked the poll option, we'll see how it goes.

Okay, we were watching an Osmond "years later" show for a while tonight, and it brought up the question. Personally, I think the Jackson Five were way better. You?

Never done a poll before, so maybe one will follow. I clicked the poll option, we'll see how it goes.

Personally, I always like the Jackson 5 Story, starring the Osmond Brothers.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I think the Jackson 5, as a group, was better. Back in the day, I was a fan of both (1st) Michael & (2nd) Donny.

It's just sickening to see what Michael turned out like (and heartbreaking, as I was a huge fan when I was a pre-teen, teeny bopper.)

And I can't help it - but, I'm still a fan of Donny's. I think he's done some pretty cool marketing of himself in the past few years. He was hilarious in one of Weird Al Yankovic's videos, and he's in that new movie about to come out "College Road Trip" with Martin Lawrence, & Raven Symone. He's not afraid to poke a little fun at himself & his wholesome "goody-goody" image.

Rael

Supper's Ready
FB, I remember that song, but I didn't remember the band's name "the Cowsills". :confused: One hit wonder (I'll have to look that up)? But another young band with a big song, all the same.

Bann, I agree with you. Jackson 5 as a group (IMO) was better. Their songs were great. How can you not sing along to one of them when you hear one, right? Funny how they can be compared just by virtue of their lead singers being so young.

And Osmond has marketed himself well (as opposed to what Michael Jackson has done to the contrary) in recent years.

I remember more Jackson tunes than Osmond ones, also (if that makes any difference). :yay:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FB, I remember that song, but I didn't remember the band's name "the Cowsills". :confused: One hit wonder (I'll have to look that up)? But another young band with a big song, all the same.

Bann, I agree with you. Jackson 5 as a group (IMO) was better. Their songs were great. How can you not sing along to one of them when you hear one, right? Funny how they can be compared just by virtue of their lead singers being so young.

And Osmond has marketed himself well (as opposed to what Michael Jackson has done to the contrary) in recent years.

I remember more Jackson tunes than Osmond ones, also (if that makes any difference). :yay:

I had the 45 for 'Indian Lake' :killingme

Last edited:

Mateo

The song was "The Wind, the Rain and Everything",( I had the 45) They also did a version of "Hair".