OTA antennas

mitzi

As a rule, those indoor antennas usually only work well if you're close to the stations.

That's what I thought and we're at least 50 miles from DC's towers. I will have to ask her which ones she's picking up. As much as ABB is out and how long it takes for them to come out, filler channels would be better than nothing at all.

PeoplesElbow

Looking for opinions on this. After 6 days of no internet service and no streaming, I'm done with it all. :mad: It took all this time for ABB to come out. I have a friend who ordered this indoor antenna and she's picking up 20 stations. It says it has a 50-60 mile range. She's in Leonardtown, as I am. I'd like opinions from those who are much more familiar with antennas than I am (please don't get too technical on me)
TIA

Amazon product

No indoor antennas will work in St Mary's, the signals are just too far away. Indoor antennas are for places that have signals no more than 20 miles away, and that is really stretching it.

This is way better than a mud flap antenna and I could only get a couple stations with one mounted outside 20 ft off the ground. It works great at my moms house 5 miles away from the transmitters.

PeoplesElbow

She said she's getting 20. Some news and sports. I don't know why she would lie about it.
I suppose it's worth a try, but I have serious doubts.

If you have a BJs membership I think they have something very similar and you can return it if you dont get anything.

In general indoor antennas aren't much good, the reason is because the walls, ceiling etc cut the signal down, some materials are worse than others. Metal and some brick will block the signal entirely.

As I stated previously my moms house is 5 miles from transmitters, on end of her house she can get every channel with an indoor antenna, the other end the best channel wont come in. I put the antenna on the roof and get everything on every TV in her house.

PeoplesElbow

Just found a bunch of the subchannels I missed since Locast went off the air. If you have a Roku download "Free2View"

My mom can now watch MeTV and I can watch Laff and Charge.