OTC Allergy Medicine - Non Drowsy

lmwelch

I have seasonal allergies and I think I want to try a different OTC medication. I take Zyrtec but it seems to be making me very drowsy even though it's one of the ones that's supposed to be non-drowsy. I know there are several OTC brands out there -- anyone have any recommendations on a brand that works (for seasonal allergy symptoms) but doesn't make you drowsy?

I've found the non-drowsy just don't work for me, so I use Zyrtec twice a day and a Benadryl Allergy before bed.

Allergies are easing up and I can get away without the Benadryl now. Last week I had full blown bronchitis and lost my voice.

Roman

I use Walmart's Equate Brand of allergy stuff. I take it at night, but it is the non-drowsy stuff. I worked with a Doctor who took one medicine for 6 months, then switched to another brand because he said he didn't want his body to get use to it.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I take the generic for Claritin, non-drowsy. I get a bottle of 300 for about $15. Of course, I went in there yesterday and there was none on the shelf. Not even the sticker showing where it would be. I really hope they don't quit carrying it. I had to get the generic of Zyrtec. I hate taking stuff that makes me drowsy. I get sleepy easily as it is.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
For the last couple of years I've purchased the cheapest Walmart/Target/CVS allergy medication. I take 2-3 pills a day during the spring/summer and 1 pill a day in the winter.