OTC Medicine for Migranes?

R

Roxy1104

Anyone know of an over the counter med for migranes? I've had this since last Friday, and it just won't quit.:frown:

punjabigyrl

regular exederin and exederin migraine are the same medicine in different packages and cost about $1 to 2 dollars more. Same ingredients and same amount. Get the regular exederin.

jsouthan

I have prescription meds for my migraines, so I haven't tried this, but a friend of mine said that a nurse told her to take Sudafed for her migraines and that it helped her. I do chug a Coke when I have one. The caffeine really helps (that's what really helps in Excedrin, as well).

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ask your friends for meds. Thats what I do. Migraines knock me down for 3/4 days. My new doc gave me Imetrex.

R

remaxrealtor

I just finished another round at Washington Hosp. Medstar from last years head injuries. If you haven't already, try some searches on food and migraines....I have had to give up almonds and aged cheeses. Worth it in the grand scheme!

R

Roxy1104

I have been taking Extra Strength Excedrin. It takes over an hour to kick in. It only dulls the pain enough so I can work. This started on Friday. I stayed in bed almost all day Saturday. It just won't go away!

K

kris31280

regular exederin and exederin migraine are the same medicine in different packages and cost about $1 to 2 dollars more. Same ingredients and same amount. Get the regular exederin.
False... the difference between the two is the addition of caffeine which speeds up absorption and, for whatever reason, makes it work.

K

kris31280

Excedrin Migraine: Active Ingrediants: Acetaminophen (250mg) (Pain Reliever), Aspirin (250 mg) (Pain Reliever), Caffeine (65 mg) (Pain Reliever Aid)

Inactivve Ingrediants: Benzoic Acid, Carnauba Wax, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 20, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone Emulsion, Sorbitan Monolaurate, Stearic Acid. May Also Contain: FD&C Blue 1, Titanium Dioxide

Excedrin: Active Ingrediants: Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever (250mg)), Aspirin (Pain Reliever (250mg)), Caffeine (Pain Reliever Aid (65mg))

Inactive Ingrediants: Benzoic Acid, Carnauba Wax, FD&C Blue 1, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 20, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone Emulsion, Sorbitan Monolaurate, Stearic Acid. May Also Contain: Titanium Dioxide
Huh... I stand corrected.

Never let it be said that I don't admit wrongs :yay:

punjabigyrl

Excedrin Migraine: Active Ingrediants: Acetaminophen (250mg) (Pain Reliever), Aspirin (250 mg) (Pain Reliever), Caffeine (65 mg) (Pain Reliever Aid)

Inactivve Ingrediants: Benzoic Acid, Carnauba Wax, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 20, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone Emulsion, Sorbitan Monolaurate, Stearic Acid. May Also Contain: FD&C Blue 1, Titanium Dioxide

Excedrin: Active Ingrediants: Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever (250mg)), Aspirin (Pain Reliever (250mg)), Caffeine (Pain Reliever Aid (65mg))

Inactive Ingrediants: Benzoic Acid, Carnauba Wax, FD&C Blue 1, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 20, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone Emulsion, Sorbitan Monolaurate, Stearic Acid. May Also Contain: Titanium Dioxide
Huh... I stand corrected.

Never let it be said that I don't admit wrongs :yay:

noted......:buddies:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I have been taking Extra Strength Excedrin. It takes over an hour to kick in. It only dulls the pain enough so I can work. This started on Friday. I stayed in bed almost all day Saturday. It just won't go away!

Make a drs appt or go to urgent care. It could be something other than a migraine that just feels like it, but if it is a migraine they can give you a shot of Imitrex or something that will knock it out.

I've used excedrin for most of my migraines the past few years (Imitrex and similar interact with other meds of mine) but it only works if I take it as soon as I realize I have one coming on. Even then I have the occasional "mack truck" variety one that knocks me over before I can even swallow a pill.

Hope you feel better soon! :huggy:

ginwoman

the best migraine headache medicine I've found is FROVA. It is a prescription and extremenly expensive. My neuro is very good about giving me samples. Good luck. Are you feeling better?

R

Roxy1104

the best migraine headache medicine I've found is FROVA. It is a prescription and extremenly expensive. My neuro is very good about giving me samples. Good luck. Are you feeling better?

I still have it. Still taking excedrin AND sudafed. It's not as bad today. By the time I left work yesterday it was blinding.

When I saw you posted.... I thought "she's gonna tell me to drink some gin." :killingme

bluesmom31

You Could Also Be Sensitive To The Barometer. My Headaches Are Better Than Any Weatherman!!!!! I Can Tell If A Storm Is Coming And How Bad Its Going To Be By My Headache!!!