otc meds for sore throat

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
which is the best otc meds for and adult who has a sore throat? not looking for people to bash either. just looking for some useful help with which seems to work the best that is it.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
which is the best otc meds for and adult who has a sore throat? not looking for people to bash either. just looking for some useful help with which seems to work the best that is it.

Cepacol makes "fizzers" for kids. I bought them for my little ones and ended up using them when I had nothing else for myself. They worked great.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Not kidding here....
Warm salt water gargles....heals the throat..kills the germs....
Been in use for decades!
A teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.....gargle....spit....gargle...spit...do 4 - 8 x a day.

Read more about it here.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not kidding here....
Warm salt water gargles....heals the throat..kills the germs....
Been in use for decades!
A teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.....gargle....spit....gargle...spit...do 4 - 8 x a day.

^This^ Works better than anything Big Pharm came up with.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
thanks ladies for the replies. i did a salt water garggle last night and will continue on. i will do it again once this nasty ass cough drop is gone.

DEEKAYPEE8569

thanks ladies for the replies. i did a salt water garggle last night and will continue on. i will do it again once this nasty ass cough drop is gone.

I don't mean to intrude, but there must be something going around. Maybe "cold season's" getting a good head start.
I, myself have been fighting that annoying "tickle" in my throat; gargling warm salt water for the past two or three days.
NASTY, but it does work.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
No kids.

No sickies at work or other closed habitats.

I want your blood, <cough-rumble-cough>

Come to me, so that I can.... never mind.....

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
No kids.

No sickies at work or other closed habitats.

I want your blood, <cough-rumble-cough>

Come to me, so that I can.... never mind.....

Salt yes, water minimal.....

Works great except that 5 minutes after the salty downslake, one really needs a heavily salted downslake again, followed by a very pithy download of number two....And then tons of clear liquids until you can s!!t diamonds...

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
:yeahthat:

If you are coughing and such, a humidifier to keep the air moist will also keep your thoat from drying out and causing more irritation.

thankgodness i am not coughing yet and I hope it stays this way. I have figured this part out though if i have to talk it makes it hurt more. So I am trying to stay quiet til I have no choice but to talk when i go to work tonight.

SoMDGirl42

thankgodness i am not coughing yet and I hope it stays this way. I have figured this part out though if i have to talk it makes it hurt more. So I am trying to stay quiet til I have no choice but to talk when i go to work tonight.

Here's an idea. Stay home.

Don't spread your germs to the public. There would be less sick people if you did this. It bothers me when everyone wants to spread their damn germs around. I don't want your germs anymore than I want the next persons.

Just saying.

and you could probably use the rest.

buddscreekman

Here's an idea. Stay home.

Don't spread your germs to the public. There would be less sick people if you did this. It bothers me when everyone wants to spread their damn germs around. I don't want your germs anymore than I want the next persons.

Just saying.

and you could probably use the rest.

That is a pretty stupid comment,aside from needing the rest. Do you think when someone is ill they want to go to work? No,they have to. Because one sick day could f up their paycheck and they are counting on it. Or,the boss is a dick and they could lose their job. And school? Try keeping your kid out a few days to rest when they aren't sick enough to require a doctor visit. The attendance nazi's with SMCPS will send you a note letting you know that isn't allowed.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
well i broke down and went to the doctors today.....and got meds. i do not have strep but i have like 3 others that is part of the reason i feel like shiat.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
well i broke down and went to the doctors today.....and got meds. i do not have strep but i have like 3 others that is part of the reason i feel like shiat.

Sinus infection? I've had a sore throat for 3 days - sinus trouble, too. I've been doing the saltwater gargle & sinus rinse. That's helped a lot, but usually if it's just an allergy or weather related thing, it's gone in a day - so I'm wondering. :ohwell:

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
she said i got bronchitis and an ear infection in the workings as my ear had tons of fluid floating around in it and an upper respitory (sp) infection.