Our bingewatch now: Boardwalk Empire

TCROW

First couple of seasons were fantastic. I won’t drop any spoilers and ruin it for you, but fell off quickly for me. Could have gone on to be as good as the Sopranos (I mean they shared enough actors) or the Wire.

Not on my top 10 list, but still above average.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, so what is it with these shows and their obsession with skeevy mothers who want to screw their sons??? Gillian is pretty much a clone of Gemma from SoA. Gross. Can't wait to see her die.

But I'm enjoying BE way more than I usually enjoy the dreck the unwashed masses find entertaining. I can still root for Nucky, even though he's gone full ####bag, because the people he goes after are even bigger ####bags and at least Nucky has a good heart for the most part. My favorite moment was when he put one in Jax...I mean, Jimmy.

Most of the time when we watch these shows I hang around just to see these awful people die but I'm actually interested in BE because of the political corruption aspect.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Having worked in Atlantic City for a few years, I understand all the geographic references(Pine Barrens, Ocean City, Snake Alley). I never heard of Tabor Heights. Turns out it's a made up name, which is done often in these types of shows. Internet sleuths say it's a place somewhere between Toms River & Atlantic Highlands. Here's a 1922 NJ road map. The Ritz Carlton hotel is even given a plug on the map. So you can see how taking a detour to the left to avoid other crooks was a major concern. Some times I dig way deeper than I have to but that's just how I'm wired.

nj map 1922.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wifey started watching the Board Empire and been talking about it. Now I watch with her sometimes on my free time.

There are 8 million characters to keep track of, and many of the men look alike so I was constantly going, "Who is that? Is that Luciano or Lansky?"

tipsymcgee

Maybe because it was one of my first series like this I watched, but it's still one of my favorites. Chalky White is my hero.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Maybe because it was one of my first series like this I watched, but it's still one of my favorites. Chalky White is my hero.
Tipsy McGee, weren't you 1 of the drivers for the bootleggers? I thought your name looked familiar.