Our boys, Buff and Cooper

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The other sisters from "accidental"litters were Silver Kestrel (muted tortie, born April 2000) and Hildiekatt Halfshadow (cocoa tortie, born September 2001). This was in March 2002, about a month after we adopted Hildiekatt. Her older sister took to her right away, as did old Calamity Jane. We had adopted Kestrel in early September 2000, as Calamity was not doing well as a solo kitty after her sister Victoria and friend Cerridwen died earlier in the year.

Both of them died from aggressive intestinal lymphoma, Kestrel in June 2012 and Hildiekatt in June 2014.

Lump

Josie Wales and Waylon Jennings

Waylon just turned a year in March. We almost lost him last July due to a crazy virus. Josie was just 3 weeks when I got her. She is now 5.

Attachments

• Josie.jpg
    Josie.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 372
  • Waylon2.jpg
    Waylon2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 370

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cooper is sometimes a spooky cat. I think he has a kitty version of PTSD from his origins in a horrid hoarding situation.
I couldn't get closer than this a few days ago.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mr Cooper had a rough patch Friday and Saturday, which we think was an allergic reaction to a new Fancy Feast canned food with a bit of milk in it. Most adult cats are lactose intolerant, seems the semi-famous Miss Teia was not.

After several hours at MASH in Huntingtown, and most of my month's worth of wages at Lowe's, x-rays and extensive blood work showed nothing of concern.

Cooper has not had an episode of the lower GI trouble since a few hours after we got home on Saturday. His appetite is back to normal, as are his box use. He does seem a bit more wanting of social contact in the aftermath.

Here's him and his brother a couple weeks ago. Cooper likes to use his scratch pad as a pillow and Buff likes his box, which is ALMOST big enough for him.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cooper paused long enough for me to get a new picture after he had a good nosh this afternoon.
His appetite is back to normal as is his seeking out social contact with Anita and me.

UglyBear

Little furry bastards, huh?
I had the same story a decade ago — cat puking his guts out for days, not being able to keep even water down, emergency middle of the night vet trip, $400 bill, nothing found... and the freakin’ cat fine the next day! Why do they do that to us? Or, why do we let them do this to us?
is it like Saint-Exupéry said, we are responsible for the ones we tamed?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Buff forgot to read the page in the Cat Handbook of Life that the nubs on the bottom of clear carpet runner is supposed to be uncomfortable to walk on...I put it on the railing to try and stop this. He's 13' above the foyer floor.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I had originally built what I thought was a cat proof barrier from nylon poultry fencing.
Unexpectedly, it was Cooper who found a seam and was outside the wire.