Our boys, Buff and Cooper

Louise

I love your stories about how you acquired your kitties. I have a story. When I was 10 living in NOLA, I walked out the front door one day and saw a calico kitten in a tree in our front yard. I rescued her and named her Kitty. She died 3 months shy of my first born child in 1986. She was just shy of 21. Animals bring such joy. They would be mad at us if we are sad when they are gone. :) We will join them again later.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Is she a Calico or tortoiseshell?
She is a calico. I think the differences are the larger color patches than a tortie has, and torties seem to have much more of the darker colors.

My 1st rescue back in July 1978 was a tortie we called Tuna. She was about 3 months old at rescue, gave her 16 more years.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Called the Well Pet Clinic on Shangri La, which is where Miss Phoenix's people have been taking her.
The receptionist was very friendly and courteous, looked up the info I wanted from Phoenix's case file.

Kitty has no health problems and was born 24 August 2017.

A bit of kismet, as Miss Bonnie Blue of fond memory was also born on 24 August, though in 2006.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cooper and Buff had their well kitty annual, all up to date. Cooper is a generously proportioned 18 lb 4 oz and Buff was a lean and rangy 14 lb 5 oz. He is an inch taller at the shoulder than Cooper. Everything looked good, except Buff needs 2 teeth out, roots are being re-absorbed. Vet said 1 was so loose, she would not charge for the extraction.

Here they were in August 2014, 2 months before we adopted them, age 3 1/2 months for Cooper and 3 months for Buff.