Our expiration date is upon us.

seekeroftruth

Revelation 22:6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”
7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.
8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!
10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”
Here's the link to the commentary I used.

These words are faithful and true: The angel that showed John all this reminds John that it isn’t too good to be true. John is assured that it is in fact faithful and true.​
The things which must shortly take place… I am coming quickly! As John reminds us of the suddenness of these events, Jesus Himself breaks in with a reminder to all that He is coming quickly. Why does it seem that it has been so long? Was Jesus wrong here?​
Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book: This blessing reminds us that prophecy gives us a word to keep, not merely material for interesting discussions and debates. The main intent of prophecy is to lead us to trust and obey God, and apply His truth to the way we live.​
He who is unjust, let him be unjust still… he who is righteous, let him be righteous still: The thought here is probably “since Jesus is coming so suddenly, there won’t be time for change.” There will be no time for last minute repentance, but there is time now. If what you have read in Revelation hasn’t changed you, there isn’t much hope!​

“It is the hopelessness of the final state of the wicked which is here pictured. The states of both the evil and the good are now fixed forever. There is no word here about a ‘second chance’ hereafter.” (Robertson)​
If the warnings of this book are not sufficient, there is no more that God has to say.” (Walvoord)​
Growing up, I had three sisters and one brother. I was the babysitter when Mom got to "escape" from the house [her word not mine]. I was obviously outnumbered, 4-1, so I needed some tools to keep the little ones in line. So, I would say "Wait till Mom gets back! You're gonna get it." Little kids think 10 minutes is an hour... They have no idea when Mom will get back. She could be driving down the road right now for all we knew. Mom had no schedule. To a 3-year-old Mom is like god. [I was 10 years old by the way... I was not the 3-year-old... lol]

The commentary says there are a couple of speakers. I think the only one speaking is the angel, and he's quoting Jesus. That makes Verse 7 make more sense... right?

I've been writing these postings for years now. Tomorrow I will post the last few verses of Revelation. I'm an old woman, and I recently barely passed the cognitive test during the physical. The words were daughter, heaven, and mountain and I could not remember heaven... only faith would come to mind. I wonder if I have long on this earth or if I have another 30 years like my grandmother. One thing for sure... I hope when I go... I get to go suddenly. I hope it's not a pleasant end to horrible suffering.

The commentary says Verse 11 says there will be no time for last minute repentance. When you see Jesus coming through the clouds on His white stead, you either believe or you don't believe. Times up.

Matthew 12:30 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

Jesus said that.

The time is near... The moon has turned red, the sun will turn black tomorrow, and there was an earthquake in New York City! Like the pink on the side of a ripening red delicious apple, the signs are all telling us, the time is near....

Eve ate the apple, and put an expiration date on humans.

Our expiration date is upon us.

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some thoughts:

Humans have been saying that since humans were invented. Ancient civilizations always thought the gods were angry and going to wipe them out of they didn't do this or that. To God I say: put up or shut up.

Also, for those who believe, God is already here, has always been here, and is always judging and meting out punishment for infractions. So some may say, "Wait until your Father gets home!" and I say, "I thought He was already here?"

Don't fear the Reaper, Becky. That's what faith is all about - that there is eternal peace for you. I'd think if anything Christians would look forward to it, not fear it. If an old heathen like me is unafraid of St. Peter's life examination, a true Christian should be proud to present themselves.

That said, I wish you well and hope you won't be checking out too soon because I'm selfish and enjoy reading your posts (except for the Trump hating ones :razz: ).