Out of Business

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The hair salon over by the ACE Hardware store in Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall has been closed 2-3 months now. I haven't been there since a friend of mine left the business (and she didn't work there long), but I did notice they are closed down.

After weeks of calling here and there, I drove up to MK Salon to see if I could get an appointment (next to Ledos - near Shopper's Food - Charlotte Hall) and were told they have been closed for weeks. I am wondering if they are also out of business? And if my information is even correct? The window tint is so dark you really cannot see inside.

Since I was in desperate need of a hair cut, I drove around various shopping centers and ended up over at Shear Image in Mechanicsville. I think I would have missed the place just driving by so I am glad I actually pulled into the area to scope out each shop. Even that place looked vacant but I went in anyway and as soon as they finished a cut, they took care of me.

So I was wondering, is it a fluke that I have come across 2 shops so close that seem to be out of business or is this a new tread?

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Was it one that put out a video at the beginning of COVID and got slammed for it?

Chopticon64

Before I lost my hair (wigs now) I used to go to “Hair it is” south of San Souci, more like Lexington Park.

To get your hair cut you really drive around to shopping centers? How do you have a stylist you can trust? I suggest finding a salon, explain to them what you like, then get a standing appointment with a stylist you trust.

This is your appearance, not shopping for a bag of bag of carrots, give a sh*t.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Before I lost my hair (wigs now) I used to go to “Hair it is” south of San Souci, more like Lexington Park.

To get your hair cut you really drive around to shopping centers? How do you have a stylist you can trust? I suggest finding a salon, explain to them what you like, then get a standing appointment with a stylist you trust.

This is your appearance, not shopping for a bag of bag of carrots, give a sh*t.
:lol: no that was just today due to the fact that MK Salon is closed and apparently has been for nearly a month.

I've been pretty lucky to either walk into MK Salon and get taken care of or get an appointment and return. If they would have been opened today and not been able to take me, I would have just come back when they could. I have been going there for years/actually decades.

When I mentioned my friend that cut my hair over near ACE, she actually used to work at MK Salon so I followed her to the new shop but she left during COVID and isn't cutting hair no more... so back over to MK Salon I went.

I did go a very long time without getting my haircut, shesh, 9-10 months, and was just rocking a pony tail. I just didn't know what to do with it but finally made a decision. I really should have cared sooner, I admit. :yay:

I'm actually very pleased with the cut I got today at Shear Image so I might have found a new shop, because I have a feeling MK Salon might be closed for good.

What is crazy is MK Salon was BUSY, in fact, I knew what days not to just walk in because they were always booked so I am surprised when doing searches on FB, here, elsewhere that I am not seeing anything about them being closed.

19 years - as a matter of fact - same place for 19 years and everyone of the girls at one point or another has cut my hair (only 3 in there). I was always fine with whoever could take me.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I do my own with Wahl clippers, just need the Mrs. to get the back of the neck.
Same here, except the missus is seldom available to get the back part, so.......
haircuts_20.jpg

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I've always been a walk in any shop, anyone can cut it. Only been disappointed a couple times.

It's just hair, it'll grow back.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I've always been a walk in any shop, anyone can cut it. Only been disappointed a couple times.

It's just hair, it'll grow back.
I had the most amazing experience once just walking into a shop at the last minute. This was some years ago, but I was in Alexandria, Virginia near the hospital waiting on a relative to have a procedure. I was also informed that she would be under observation for 4-6 hours afterwards and no visitors were allowed inside.

I asked if I could leave once they took her back and they said sure, just keep your cell on and if we need you, we will call or text you. :thewave:

I got coffee and biscuit and while sitting in this parking lot, I noticed this salon. I glanced down at my hands and thought, sure, let me see if they will do my nails.

Well, this shop did everything. Pedi, manicures, paraffin treatments, eyebrows, lashes, waxes, facials, hair cuts, color, the works.

Somehow I ended up in this assembly line getting the works - eyebrows waxed, facial, hair cut, color, style, pedi, paraffin foot treatment, manicure, eye lashes and make-up. The make-up wasn't a service that was always available, but it was that day. They use the 'free' make-up as a way to get you to purchase products. The entire time I was in there I kept thinking how this is going to cost a fortune and I really didn't care but at the end, the price was very reasonable, far less than I expected and that was with new lipstick.

I swear - the lady that did my hair never asked me what I wanted but she took 10 inches off & dyed me blonde but I got a lot of compliments from friends and co-workers and I also liked it - it was a dramatic change. You really had to be open to go in there for sure. It isn't for everyone but I rather enjoyed it. :lol:

Last edited:

jrt_ms1995

One thing I noticed in Murrells Inlet last summer is that bald men have to sport a pony tail. It has to be a county ordinance or something, seemed every balding guy over 40 had a pony tail...
Those aren't locals, though, they're like from Boston, or MoCo, or even, heaven forfend, New York! Come down to destroy the place.