Outback in California

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We went last Friday and besides waiting a few extra minutes for my husband's A1 sauce, it was fine. The restaurant was busy so it was to be expected. We have about $300 in gift cards that we're slowly trying to get through so we tried dining in instead of carry-out. We've only been to the one in PF once and service was fine there too.

Did they bring it in a dish? I thought that was weird but maybe they have always done that and I didn't realize it? :lol: The ketchup came out in a dish.. 3 kids and one dish of ketchup.. that went over well

LusbyMom

You should send an email to the owner (go on their website) I did when we had a really bad visit (Service was horrible, food barely warm, but the main thing was we ordered my 4 year old son grilled shrimp for his meal and they put spicy cayenne seasoning on it. It was so spicy I couldnt even eat it.) He contacted me and sent us a gift certificate to go back and give it another try. When we went back everything was excellent.

That is what my SIL said to do.. they used to go at least once a week. They have been having problems there lately and have stopped going, she did complain and they sent her gift certificates.

lovinmaryland

That is what my SIL said to do.. they used to go at least once a week. They have been having problems there lately and have stopped going, she did complain and they sent her gift certificates.

He actually sent us $100 in gift certificates. However you cant use them for alcohol.

LusbyMom

Interesting...I went to Outback this past week, had good food and good service, nothing was cold, no problems besides the waiter having bricks for brains. He did a decent job though, no complaints. I had fish that was pretty good, but that was a pleasant surprise since Outback is known for their STEAK.

The wait was somewhat long but it always seems to be busy there.

See hubby said his fish was nothing but grease... and he NEVER complains. He will eat anything :lol: so if he complained then it must have been bad.

I can never eat ribs out. Nothing beats baby back ribs cooked low and slow at home. Sorry no comparison.

Okay I have had your chili.... now I want to try your ribs and see if they are just as good!

lovinmaryland

Can you sell them to someone else and use the money for alcohol?

I wish we would have thought of that before hand :lol: like I said we normally just go for appetizers and drinks, so we took some friends with us for drinks and appetizers and the drinks werent covered. It took us 3 visits to use the whole $100 :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Did they bring it in a dish? I thought that was weird but maybe they have always done that and I didn't realize it? :lol: The ketchup came out in a dish.. 3 kids and one dish of ketchup.. that went over well

Yep, in a little dish. My husband was actually looking around for a bottle on another table while we waited.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm not an enormous fan of Outback. Typically when I go out, I want something I can't (easily) make at home.

Our restaurant talent pool down here is limited with regard to managers, servers and cooks. There's just not enough population to choose from.

We like to go for appetizers and a few drinks. I dont really order steaks out and cant see why people do. Their steaks run about $20 a pop and they are normally all fatty. For $20 bucks I can grill 2 big fat porterhouses that would kick Outbacks steaks ass up and down the street :yay:

The only reason I go out for steak is I don't want to stand outside in the freezing cold to grill it. Coat or no coat. :lol: The first thing I bought the Things and I for our new house was a gas grill. We lived in an apartment for 4 years when we first moved here and weren't allowed to have a grill. It was cruel and unusual punishment after living in FL for 6 years and grilling year round.

I'm always amazed to see the size of the portions in restaurants because I can't eat the huge portions. (I have to box them up and take home) But I get Outback's smallest steak - the 6oz. sirloin. It's NOT my favorite cut of meat, but it's always very good and never fatty. And I can get in and out of there fairly quickly. Thing1 has issues with overcrowded noisy places, and I get issues when he gets issues :jet: so we go early enough that we aren't there very long.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
The only reason I go out for steak is I don't want to stand outside in the freezing cold to grill it. Coat or no coat. :lol: The first thing I bought the Things and I for our new house was a gas grill. We lived in an apartment for 4 years when we first moved here and weren't allowed to have a grill. It was cruel and unusual punishment after living in FL for 6 years and grilling year round.

I'm always amazed to see the size of the portions in restaurants because I can't eat the huge portions. (I have to box them up and take home) But I get Outback's smallest steak - the 6oz. sirloin. It's NOT my favorite cut of meat, but it's always very good and never fatty. And I can get in and out of there fairly quickly. Thing1 has issues with overcrowded noisy places, and I get issues when he gets issues :jet: so we go early enough that we aren't there very long.

I gave up on Outback when Jaspers opened n Prince Frederick...Best steak ever is the "Drunken Ribeye"!!!! Try it out some day...and you will never go back to Outback.....:buddies:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I gave up on Outback when Jaspers opened n Prince Frederick...Best steak ever is the "Drunken Ribeye"!!!! Try it out some day...and you will never go back to Outback.....:buddies:

That's *your favorite. Doesn't mean it would be mine. :buddies:

As I said, we actually like the OB in PF. My kids like the menu items, and I like the steak I get - and the price is right. We have never had bad service there. Sometimes the young wait staff are a little ding-batty, but they're usually very well mannered and very eager to be helpful. We always go early - it's a necessity with Thing1.

There is something to be said for knowing what to expect when you go out to eat. We don't eat out all the time. I'm a single parent of 2 kids and I live within my means. I don't like wasting my money on places which offer crappy food or service. So if I just want to let someone else do the cooking - we tend to eat at the tried and true places most of the time. :yay: