Outfits for RenFest.

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
Look what I made. The skirt is like a metalic olive green fabric with black velet pattern like stuff on it, and it ties up in the back.

I made the bodice as well, My intent was to make it reversable, but it didnt work out very well. In the pic, it isnt completely finished. Im adding fringe/beads to the bottom tonight.

These were my first sewing experiences. Im kind of proud of myself!

Attachments

• skirt.jpg
    skirt.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 317
  • bodice.jpg
    bodice.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

4d2008

Look what I made. The skirt is like a metalic olive green fabric with black velet pattern like stuff on it, and it ties up in the back.

I made the bodice as well, My intent was to make it reversable, but it didnt work out very well. In the pic, it isnt completely finished. Im adding fringe/beads to the bottom tonight.

:whistle: :evil:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Very nice. When are you gonna' work on those fangs?

kelb

art imitating life

I'm just wearing jeans, a tank and flip flops!

Radiant1

Soul Probe

It's very pretty! Great job on your first sew project! :clap: :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I thought this was the ladies room? Do you have something you want to tell me? :lmao:

Already taken care of.

I just cut out 2 sideless surcotes last night...looking forward to the finished product. Most of my stuff is renaissance, so this is new territory for me.

When you get to faire you should pop into Moresca and pick up some laces. They stay tied better than ribbon.

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
It's very pretty! Great job on your first sew project! :clap: :yay:

Thanks!!!!:diva:

I just cut out 2 sideless surcotes last night...looking forward to the finished product. Most of my stuff is renaissance, so this is new territory for me.

When you get to faire you should pop into Moresca and pick up some laces. They stay tied better than ribbon.

Yeah, I dont like the ribbon either. I picked up like this twisted rope stuff you buy by the yard.

Where is Moresca??

Your outfit does look great!! GJ!!!!

When are you going?

Thanks!!!

Ill more than likely go on Sunday. When do you plan on going?

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Hubby, step-daughter & I went last Sunday. It was wonderful weather for it! They have some fantastic acts again this year. I shot my first bow & arrow and loved it! Thinking of taking up archery. I admire those of you who can sew your own costumes!

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
When you get in the gate, stay right 'til you reach O'Shucks (don't follow the path when it forks off to the right), then just past O'Shucks Moresca is on the right.

Okay, ill def have to check that out. Thanks:buddies:

COOL! :yahoo: Ill more than likely be at the dragon's lair drinking. maybe ill see you there. You can recognize me by my outfit, but how will i recognize you?

Hubby, step-daughter & I went last Sunday. It was wonderful weather for it! They have some fantastic acts again this year. I shot my first bow & arrow and loved it! Thinking of taking up archery. I admire those of you who can sew your own costumes!

Archery looks like so much fun. Good luck with that. Did you get to see the band that had a bag pipe and a bunch of hot guys banging on big drums? They were friggin awsome!

4d2008

I thought this was the ladies room? Do you have something you want to tell me? :lmao:

I just look for new posts and I jump into ones that I want to read. I dont mind it being the ladies room and oh yes. i have many things I want to tell you :whistle: :evil:

kelb

art imitating life
COOL! :yahoo: Ill more than likely be at the dragon's lair drinking. maybe ill see you there. You can recognize me by my outfit, but how will i recognize you?

I'll be the one wearing the jeans and tank top... :lol:

do you have myspace?

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Okay, ill def have to check that out. Thanks:buddies:

Archery looks like so much fun. Good luck with that. Did you get to see the band that had a bag pipe and a bunch of hot guys banging on big drums? They were friggin awsome!

Yes I did and there were two women standing behind the rest of the audience (not part of the show) and belly dancing. Ironically - the one who was pregnant was better at it than the other one! Some of the costumes on these people were interesting. One man had painted his face a purplish black - either that or his collar was way too tight!