Oyster Season? Do you Know?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I always heard it was months ending in "R" but that may be more folklore than actuality. :shrug:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
jazz lady said:
I always heard it was months ending in "R" but that may be more folklore than actuality. :shrug:
It's true any month ending with "R" is oyster season.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
The ending in R rule no longer applies.

[size=-1]Tonging & Diving:
Oct 3-31 and
Jan 1-Mar 31
Mon-Fri
Sunrise til 3PM
15 Bushels/Licensee
30 Bushels/Boat
(Tong, Dive and Dredge Boat Nov 1- Dec 30 ONLY
Hours: Sunrise til Sunset)

Skipjacks:
Nov 1 - Mar 31
Mon-Fri
Sunrise til Sunset on Pre-registered Push Days
Sunrise til 3PM on Non Push Days
Limit: 150 bushel/boat

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/regulations/commregs.html

[/size]

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Like always 2nd Amend. has got it right, I guess it has been about 5 yrs. or so since that month with "R" rule no longer applied.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Triggerfish said:
Bbbbrrrrrr...........

The divers get warm water pumped down to their suits via a tube, from what I hear it actually isn't that bad down there and they stay relatively warm.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sugarhill said:
Who knows when oyster season starts for the Patuxent? :confused: I promised my Father I would try to find out for him. Thanks!
The same months you're likely to "cough-up" an Oyster are the same ones they dredge for them. :yay:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
AK-74me said:
The divers get warm water pumped down to their suits via a tube, from what I hear it actually isn't that bad down there and they stay relatively warm.
Some use dry suits.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
AK-74me said:
You really shouldn't pee yourselves even under water. Not a good habit to get into.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Terps said:
ITs true any month with R and you are in the clear!!!

I think you need to go back and read the rest of the thread, the old R rule no longer applies.