Packing the SCOTUS

PsyOps

Pixelated
What do you suggest I or you do about it?

And I don't think I said anywhere that you should jump in an RV and go vagabond, so can we stop with that?

I'm not going to suggest what's best for you. I'm just not going to sit around and let you marginalize my intentions and spout off me "bitching" about this, when it's a very serious matter, what our government is doing.

PJay

And I have plans for the same, once I'm in a financial position to do so, and my mom is gone. But, I'm not one to just sit back and call it quits on where I believe our country should be. I feel a duty to try to do something about the tyranny I see consuming this country by the left. And this isn't just a one-person agenda. It isn't just me "bitching", and that's all there is to it. Perhaps my military life instilled that sort of duty that doesn't exist in others. And I don't begrudge folks that don't feel that duty; it's just not me to idly sit by and watch all that so many have died for go to waste.

Feel your pain and know what you think should happen..sadly I think it will not. When election was stolen and Trump walked off the field (after saying he would not) it's been quiet..our side sits silent..no filling of streets.. nothing. Is why I say it's over.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Feel your pain and know what you think should happen..sadly I think it will not. When election was stolen and Trump walked off the field (after saying he would not) it's been quiet..our side sits silent..no filling the streets.. nothing. Is why I say it's over.

And it's hard to amass complacent people together.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not going to suggest what's best for you. I'm just not going to sit around and let you marginalize my intentions and spout off me "bitching" about this, when it's a very serious matter, what our government is doing.

I'm doing part of it now - "BITCHING"! :rolleyes:

I'm not an idle person Vrai. Use your imagination.

I asked a reasonable question.

Regardless, your problem is not my problem. Have a nice evening.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I see... so the whole country needs to do what you've done - give up everything they've worked so hard for (their homes, lifestyles...), pull their kids out of school, quit their jobs, leave their extended families (especially the elderly who can't take care of themselves), buy an RV and roam around the country like happy hippies - FREE FROM THE TYRANNY OF GOVERNMENT!

This isn't just "bitching" Vrai. This is clear concern over where this country is headed and what this government is attempting to do - which will affect all of us - including the roaming hippies in their RVs. They have effectively gotten every level of our law enforcement to cooperate with their fascist intentions. All they need is to strip us of our guns, get the military on board, and you can no longer call this country a republic. And all you've managed to do is dismiss it. I'm not so sure I'd define that as "solution oriented". I'd call it avoidance.

PsyOps -with all due respect - when I'm reading your post right this very minute - I am seeing the scene in the movie AIRPLANE when the one guy slaps the other guy and says "SNAP OUT OF IT".
:rolleyes:

Why are you taking all of this out on Vrai? She's right, you know.

No one is holding a GUN to your head to do what you're doing or live the life you are living. YOU DO CHOOSE to do what you're doing -and there isn't anything WRONG with that. But you do, indeed, CHOOSE to do it. Oka y - you have what you consider YOUR responsibilities - but YOU DO choose to handle them. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU.

Just like VRAI & MONELLO CHOSE to do what they are doing.

JFC. Why do you act like this?

PsyOps

Pixelated
PsyOps -with all due respect - when I'm reading your post right this very minute - I am seeing the scene in the movie AIRPLANE when the one guy slaps the other guy and says "SNAP OUT OF IT".
:rolleyes:

Why are you taking all of this out on Vrai? She's right, you know.

No one is holding a GUN to your head to do what you're doing or live the life you are living. YOU DO CHOOSE to do what you're doing -and there isn't anything WRONG with that. But you do, indeed, CHOOSE to do it. Oka y - you have what you consider YOUR responsibilities - but YOU DO choose to handle them. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU.

Just like VRAI & MONELLO CHOSE to do what they are doing.

JFC. Why do you act like this?

I'm not sure why you think I'm taking anything out on Vrai. I started a thread. It was a very straight forward comment. She was the first to chime in. :sshrug: Things rolled from there.

Certainly I could abandon everything (my job, my family, my home...) and find a place where I might not be touched by all of this chaos and turn my back on it, in some feigned belief that it won't impact me in my little retreat. I do have that choice. Sam tried to point out his circumstances with a special needs child and a mother in law he's apparently taking care of, and that he can't just up and walk away from all of it. I'm sort of in the same circumstances (of which have far more details than I've stated here). My conscience won't allow me to just walk away from the responsibilities that I face.

But, there is another side of this where I feel I can't just idly stand by and watch this happen to our country and stay silent. Yeah, I may not have the answers as to what to do about it at this point, but I assure you, I'm not alone in my belief that things are headed to a really bad place that most folks aren't prepared to respond to. I can't just say "I'm almost 60 and on the down-slope of my life" and stop giving a #### about what we pass on to our kids. If our ancestors that died in our Civil and Revolutionary Wars felt that way, we would be a completely different country today with the liberties and the constitution that protects them wouldn't exist.

You know, and Vrai knows, that what the left is doing can only result in destroying everything that was fought for. It is your choice to find a reclusive retreat to try to escape it, just as it's my choice not to. In the end, what's the cost to doing nothing and allowing a nation to fall to fascism or tyranny? Yeah, that's all dramatic rhetoric and talk of revolutionaries of the past, and we really don't talk like this anymore. None of that changes what the left is trying to do. I refuse to be forced out of my lifestyle because it got too hard to fight it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I asked a reasonable question.

Regardless, your problem is not my problem. Have a nice evening.

Yeah, it's a reasonable question. I don't claim to have all of the answers. All I can tell you is, I'm not going to be forced away from my current life by a bunch of despots. While we still have our freedoms, I'm going to prepare as best I can.

I'm not trying to make it your problem. I have no desire to convince you to change your life or have the same conscience I have. And, that's not to say you don't have a conscience. I'm simply expressing my thoughts on what's going on. You call it "bitching". I call it having a conversation. And, as you've seen in this thread, I'm not alone in my thoughts.

Hijinx

Without Bitching the forums would be worthless.
It's a place to bitch if that is what anyone chooses to call it.

To me it's a place to express my opinion , If calling opinions bitching --- that's the way it goes.

Hijinx

Like what?

Like expressing his opinion here is one thing he does. Like all the rest of us.
It's something even if it doesn't amount to much.
In Maryland we certainly cannot write Steny Hoyer and get anything done, or any of our 3 Senators either.
They are just minions to the crooked party that elected a crooked President.

The big thing we need to work for now is a drastic change in 2022.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm not sure why you think I'm taking anything out on Vrai. I started a thread. It was a very straight forward comment. She was the first to chime in. :sshrug: Things rolled from there.

Certainly I could abandon everything (my job, my family, my home...) and find a place where I might not be touched by all of this chaos and turn my back on it, in some feigned belief that it won't impact me in my little retreat. I do have that choice. Sam tried to point out his circumstances with a special needs child and a mother in law he's apparently taking care of, and that he can't just up and walk away from all of it. I'm sort of in the same circumstances (of which have far more details than I've stated here). My conscience won't allow me to just walk away from the responsibilities that I face.

But, there is another side of this where I feel I can't just idly stand by and watch this happen to our country and stay silent. Yeah, I may not have the answers as to what to do about it at this point, but I assure you, I'm not alone in my belief that things are headed to a really bad place that most folks aren't prepared to respond to. I can't just say "I'm almost 60 and on the down-slope of my life" and stop giving a #### about what we pass on to our kids. If our ancestors that died in our Civil and Revolutionary Wars felt that way, we would be a completely different country today with the liberties and the constitution that protects them wouldn't exist.

You know, and Vrai knows, that what the left is doing can only result in destroying everything that was fought for. It is your choice to find a reclusive retreat to try to escape it, just as it's my choice not to. In the end, what's the cost to doing nothing and allowing a nation to fall to fascism or tyranny? Yeah, that's all dramatic rhetoric and talk of revolutionaries of the past, and we really don't talk like this anymore. None of that changes what the left is trying to do. I refuse to be forced out of my lifestyle because it got too hard to fight it.

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ - - but I hope you do.

She's not retreating to a reclusive place. She's actually interacting with the public more than you probably are! Remember - she was the "Activities Director" (I'm not sure of the title) for the entire KOA campground at SPI when they were there - I think it was nearly 6 months? How is that retreating?

As for walking away from responsibilities - no one is saying to do that. She wasn't saying that. I SEE WHAT SHE SAID as "you *could make a change if you wanted to". AND YOU COULD. Would it be easy? NO. But you could. So could I. I get things done when I need to. When I WANT/am READY to.

As you know, I ALSO have an adult son with a disability and I've been his primary caretaker for 30 years. NO, it's not as easy for me to pick & go without respite care for him, or to move to another state where special services may not be available to him right away. However, WHY would I want to verbally flog someone who doesn't have the same responsibilities? Everyone knows Vrai and I have been friends for years. She knows my family situation and life. She knows I have a plan and it's not her plan -and she never flogs me for that - but she would always tell me I COULD do something about it if I was serious about. P.S. As my FRIEND, she actually has said that to me about things and has been absolutely right about some of them, too. The difference is I don't whine back to her and tell her it's unfair to say that to me.

Also - what makes you think she does not give a crap about this country? Good lord. Not everyone is out there protesting like BLM, or flag-waving in whatever "activist cause du jour". MANY people are involved in this country in very meaningful ways that matter to them, and it doesn't have to be the way you think it should be. Your way doesn't necessarily look like anyone's way.

I think what she and Monello are doing is VERY ADMIRABLE, to be honest!! They BOTH give a crap about this country and while they're on the road - THEY'RE ADVOCATING FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in all her glory! They talk about it to EVERYONE they meet! I've seen them talking to the "regular folks" they've met along the way - because I've been with them when they do it! The trash truck guys, the police, the bartenders, the wait staff, the bus boys/girls and owners of the local places. Just everyone they meet! They advocate for the lifestyle they have, yes! How ANYONE could actually do it "on the cheap" in a minor way OR sell it all and do it their way! Whatever is YOUR way. They absolutely advocate for the great exploring you can do in this awesome country we have right here at our feet! JUST LIKE OUR REVOLUTIONARY AND CIVIL WAR ancestry all did when they fought for our country. THAT probably does more to inspire other people to GO FOR IT, and to FIGHT for it than protesting in the street does.

YOU are blaming her for a lifestyle she chooses over yours because you choose not to change it. It doesn't make her lifestyle any less valuable a contribution to this country than yours. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While we still have our freedoms, I'm going to prepare as best I can.

And I think it's reasonable to ask how you're doing that, to which you had no answer.

I'm preparing by minimizing my personal risk and moving to a red city in a red state to add my vote and help them fend off the Democrats, not that it matters because our elections are fraudulent anyway. But being around a group of compatriots makes sense to me in this situation. Safety in numbers.

You say you can't just "abandon" your home, family, and job - like nobody has ever moved before, gotten a new job and taken their family with them. And I really don't care what you do, but that is a ridiculous statement. My ONLY motivation was to remind people that they have options, to which you and Sam both insisted that you have NO options.

So fine. You're stuck for life. Sorry for your luck.

:sshrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, sometimes I think about history and certain events and wonder why people did what they did. Like the Holocaust - why didn't the at-risk people get out while they still could? Now I'm getting a front row seat to watch that mentality. I don't really understand it because it's not part of my personal makeup, but watching people play out their nature has been fascinating and enlightening for me. Not to mention frustrating.

I'm picturing Chaim going, "Yo, Abie, it's getting dangerous here. We're bugging out, wanna come?" And Abie goes, "I could never do that. This is my home, and I can't leave my job and family." Chaim: "Bring your family with you." Abie, all noble like, goes: "Oh, I could never do that. We're going to stay here and fight for our home." Then Abie reports Chaim to the Gestapo in hopes of scoring a few brownie points, and ends up getting gassed anyway.

I honestly don't think it will come to that in the US - there are too many moving parts. But there are a lot of people who believe we're already there, and those are typically the exact same people who won't lift a finger to minimize their risk. "The world is ending!" "Yeah? What are you doing about it?" "Telling you!"

Fascinating.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And I think it's reasonable to ask how you're doing that, to which you had no answer.

I'm preparing by minimizing my personal risk and moving to a red city in a red state to add my vote and help them fend off the Democrats, not that it matters because our elections are fraudulent anyway. But being around a group of compatriots makes sense to me in this situation. Safety in numbers.

You say you can't just "abandon" your home, family, and job - like nobody has ever moved before, gotten a new job and taken their family with them. And I really don't care what you do, but that is a ridiculous statement. My ONLY motivation was to remind people that they have options, to which you and Sam both insisted that you have NO options.

So fine. You're stuck for life. Sorry for your luck.

:sshrug:

No, I said I could, but my conscience won't let me. I feel taking care of my mom and other family members is more important than escaping to a red state nirvana. I will eventually be able to make that move, but it's not happening now.

My only motivation was to say "we are losing our country to radical lefists". That was the core of my OP. But, I also believe that, once the left has control over our lives, there will no place you can go to escape it. They have already identified people like you and me as the enemy of this country. All they need is to take our guns then pass laws that criminalize our politics. If American history stays consistent, this can only result in civil war.