Palin's Experience Weapon

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
[FONT=times new roman,times]One of the strokes of genius by John McCain with the pick of Sarah Palin is how it lured the Obama Campaign right back into the "experience" debate. So eager to pounce on Palin's "lack of experience" compared to Senator Joe Biden, the Obots in the campaign, the mainstream media and left wing blogosphere rushed headlong back into this debate.

[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]Oops. The McCain-Palin campaign, almost with permission from the Obama camp, is now dismissing Biden's relevance with a back of the hand and contrasting the Alaska Governor's experience with that of his holiness himself. You can bet more contrasts between being a Governor and a community organizer will be drawn. Ditto the issue of Palin getting into a governor's mansion as the CEO, not an adoring spouse. (Could we possibly discuss the qualifications of Hillary Clinton versus, say, Todd Palin?)

[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times]But at some point, a morphing of "how much" experience into "what kind" of experience would inform the debate in a way greatly beneficial to the McCain campaign. This might have started with the Charlie Gibson interview in fact. If it is imperative that McCain run away from Bush, it should be even more critical to tie Obama-Biden to congress under Reid and Pelosi, and to the mainsteam media as part of the Democrat status quo in Washington. As low as Bush's approval numbers are, they still perhaps surpass those of congress and the media combined.

Note: Highlighting mine. I think Obama doesn't like the way the debate has turned from his message of 'Change' to a comparison of his experience versus Palin's. He and his minions have gotten playground cursing nasty in trying to destroy the woman who has changed the debate parameters.

American Thinker: Palin's Experience Weapon

[/FONT]

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It was...

...NOT a stroke of genius on McCain's part; It was a stroke, a wave, of idiocy on Obama's side to grab ahold of the tar baby. McCain doesn't get any credit for getting the pot to call the kettle black; it just is what it is; she has a fairly thin resume for this, she just does. So does he.

If the argument is that they, the Obama side, simply couldn't help themselves, OK. Otherwise, she is just a good pick on her own merits. That They are a bunch of dumb asses is simply a bonus.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
...NOT a stroke of genius on McCain's part; It was a stroke, a wave, of idiocy on Obama's side to grab ahold of the tar baby. McCain doesn't get any credit for getting the pot to call the kettle black; it just is what it is; she has a fairly thin resume for this, she just does. So does he.

If the argument is that they, the Obama side, simply couldn't help themselves, OK. Otherwise, she is just a good pick on her own merits. That They are a bunch of dumb asses is simply a bonus.

If one compares the two governors McCain was considering, Palin was obviously the better choice. Selection of Lieberman would have split the party even more. I believe even McCain underestimated the level of bitterness and vitriol that would be thrown against his selection. I think he tried to channel the hate he knew was coming by selecting Palin. Now the criticism is coming from the left. If he selected Lieberman, the criticism would have come from the right.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think...

If one compares the two governors McCain was considering, Palin was obviously the better choice. Selection of Lieberman would have split the party even more. I believe even McCain underestimated the level of bitterness and vitriol that would be thrown against his selection. I think he tried to channel the hate he knew was coming by selecting Palin. Now the criticism is coming from the left. If he selected Lieberman, the criticism would have come from the right.

...you are right. I had said that Joe would be a good pick because there was no way, that I saw, to energize the right, so, better to energize the middle, be the Maverick, and get what you could get instead of trying to get, with Huckabee or Romney, what you simply could not get from the right.

Boy, was I wrong!

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
It's not that there weren't other qualified folks that McCain could have picked. You're right, the others wouldn't haven't energized the base as Palin has. Part of the energy comes from Palin herself. But the attacks on her stir a feeling of unfairness in the American people. Americans have a tradition of rooting for the underdog. There also might be this John Wayne feeling among men that you don't abuse a woman and stirs emotions of protection.

ImnoMensa

I like what the article says about tying Obama to a do-nothing Congress. Their promises when they came into office are a lot like those of Obama, Just promises, Just Words. Thay havent done SQUAT.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I like what the article says about tying Obama to a do-nothing Congress. Their promises when they came into office are a lot like those of Obama, Just promises, Just Words. Thay havent done SQUAT.

It's true. And the constant bashing of the Right by Congress and the media without doing anything positive for the Country is getting old. Folks are getting tired of it.

Go G-Men

It's true. And the constant bashing of the Right by Congress and the media without doing anything positive for the Country is getting old. Folks are getting tired of it.

The problem is only the smart folks are getting tired of it. The brain dead believe that if the mainstream media says it then it must be true!! This is the problem I have with the mainstream media. They have the power to manipulate the general public and they do so irresponsibly.