Pan Seared Tuna in SOMD?

LostInSOMD

Now that Elements is gone, the only other place I get pan seared tuna is Blue Wind. But it's hit or miss at Blue Wind. Any other places in SOMD to get pan seared tuna?

Clem72

Now that Elements is gone, the only other place I get pan seared tuna is Blue Wind. But it's hit or miss at Blue Wind. Any other places in SOMD to get pan seared tuna?
I haven't been there in a few years, but their rockfish and catfish sandwich used to be consistently very good (most places at least occasionally screw up a fish sandwich).

LostInSOMD

I haven't been there in a few years, but their rockfish and catfish sandwich used to be consistently very good (most places at least occasionally screw up a fish sandwich).
The new Capt Pat's has great seafood sandwiches. The lunch specials are a great deal, including the crab cakes. I love the Rockfish sandwich at Grid Iron Grill.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've tried, but you have to find a good quality tuna steak, and have the wasabi and pickled ginger. It ends up costing about as much as getting it out. Elements made it easy. Blue Wind was better in the old days, but the owner sold it to open Elements and has since retired.
I keep it simple, season with lemon pepper mixed with melted butter.

phreddyp

I've tried, but you have to find a good quality tuna steak, and have the wasabi and pickled ginger. It ends up costing about as much as getting it out. Elements made it easy. Blue Wind was better in the old days, but the owner sold it to open Elements and has since retired.
$5.00 tuna steak at Weis $4 tube Wasabi $3 Pickled ginger sounds like a deal to me. Wasabi and pickled ginger enough for five or more steaks.

Kinnakeet

The only way you are going to get GOOD and fresh Tuna is to go fishing and catch it yourself if you do that make sure to bring salt and lemon pepper so you can cut a chunk or 2 right off the fish you catch and eat it.

Bonehead

Weis market in Callaway sells yellow fin steaks for 5$ each defrosted or vacuum sealed and frozen.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I fixed a nice fresh tuna steak last Sunday....friend dropped it off, fresh caught the day before. I let it simmer in some butter and lemon for a bit (on aluminum foil on grill) and then hit both sides of it directly on the hot grill for a couple minutes. Came out perfect.