Panic buying has started!

limblips

PREMO Member
Went to Costco to get a few things at 10:30. We were low on paper towels and TP. Noticed parking lot was full. Saw people walking out with carts full of paper goods. I went in with the intent of getting one pack of towels and one of TP. Nay nay Nasty Butt! The aisle was empty. Associate told me people were waiting in line when they opened. She said some people had 10 packs of TP! Costco sized packs!!!!! All because of a strike that started at midnight.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Drove thru the WallyMart parking lot, didn't go in but the car traffic was absurd. Between the storms still forming and the strike, people are getting crazy.

Harbor Freight was nice and quiet.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I would think it would be rediculously expensive to ship toilet paper and paper towels, very cheap, light weight, large volume products, around the world to the US. How can that be profitable?

My bet would have been they were still domestic products.

Is there any ####ing thing that doesn' come from China now?

PJay

The reward of staying prepared for anything..

Loop Natalie GIF

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still have paper towels left over from 2020. Pretty stocked up on TP since I buy it every time I go to the store, whether I need it or not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I would think it would be rediculously expensive to ship toilet paper and paper towels, very cheap, light weight, large volume products, around the world to the US. How can that be profitable?

My bet would have been they were still domestic products.

I posted on this earlier

ALL Paper Products are DOMESTICALLY PRODUCED and 85 % of our food products

Aldi may take a hit 75% of their stuff is imports

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just got back from BJs. I'd say 95% of the people had at least one paper product in their cart. Many had both TP and paper towels. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My husband loaded up on Puffs and paper towels at BJ's today. We are finally running out of covid paper goods :lmao:
Dang! I'm out of Puff's! Only box left is open on my coffee table. I haven't bought them in years, because I haven't been sick! Two rolls of paper towels left in the same closet. I use a lot of dish towels (12) and wash and reuse them. But no question about having TP. Last I checked, there is 1.5 rolls upstairs.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm pretty good with TP. Like @RoseRed I stock up often even if we didn't need any. Need to start that with paper towels. I did it once Covid was over and the shelves started restocking it but stopped and used up my stash in the meantime.