Panic buying has started!

NextJen

Raisin cane
Maybe some of the large quantity buying is from all the generous people who want to donate to send to hurricane affected areas?
I know a lot of local bars and businesses down around me are filling up tractor trailers with loads of donated supplies to take mostly to NC areas. TP, paper towels, diapers, baby food, water, etc.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Maybe some of the large quantity buying is from all the generous people who want to donate to send to hurricane affected areas?
I was seeing this yesterday, so yes, in part. Lots of folks buying lots of big bulk items, obviously not their normal household buying.

I did the same. Taking a bunch down to Ridge this morning for drop off at TPD's place.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I was seeing this yesterday, so yes, in part. Lots of folks buying lots of big bulk items, obviously not their normal household buying.

I did the same. Taking a bunch down to Ridge this morning for drop off at TPD's place.
Yeah, I think it’s kind of a double whammy with the timing.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

:yikes:

Have to wonder if this was the Fed's plan all along. "Why should we pay for this when the public will take care of it for us?"

And it's not just a little bit of donations. Just talking with TPD and his daughter at the store, she said Operation AirDrop is not accepting any more donations because they are overwhelmed, just don't have a place to store it all prior to distribution. That's great news that the public response has been so overwhelming, but screw the Feds if they intercept it all.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member

Have to wonder if this was the Fed's plan all along. "Why should we pay for this when the public will take care of it for us?"

And it's not just a little bit of donations. Just talking with TPD and his daughter at the store, she said Operation AirDrop is not accepting any more donations because they are overwhelmed, just don't have a place to store it all prior to distribution. That's great news that the public response has been so overwhelming, but screw the Feds if they intercept it all.
that's good money that could be going to Ukraine instead. :sshrug:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I must admit that, I too, got caught up and sent off a panic order for 4 cases of Charmin Extra Strong, just to get a jump on the other hoarders. I'll be set for more than a year either way. BTW, Charmin tp is made in PA. :yay:

OccamsRazor

I must admit that, I too, got caught up and sent off a panic order for 4 cases of Charmin Extra Strong, just to get a jump on the other hoarders. I'll be set for more than a year either way. BTW, Charmin tp is made in PA. :yay:
Meh. Don't feel so bad. All of the people on here condemning the hoarders are the same ones who were in the stores this week clearing off the shelves.

GregV814

th.jpg

black dog

Free America
Dang! I'm out of Puff's! Only box left is open on my coffee table. I haven't bought them in years, because I haven't been sick! Two rolls of paper towels left in the same closet. I use a lot of dish towels (12) and wash and reuse them. But no question about having TP. Last I checked, there is 1.5 rolls upstairs.
Apparently you didn't learn last time.
I tend to keep this amount at my shop, apt and weekend place. The soft stuff is for the girl.

1000001736.jpg

black dog

Free America

I have to ask, why is it the taxpayers responsibly to come and pluck dumbasses up after these storms?