Parks & Rec Parents OUT OF CONTROL

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I love you! :love:

See how easy it is to be proactive instead of calling someone else to take care of everything?

I guess I have a big mouth, because I don't hesitate to give someone the what for when they behave like that around kids, etc.

Actually, I *did* do that when I went to the Tea Party up on the Capitol grounds a few years ago. The whole event was very, very polite and orderly. Not really any problems all day But, there was a group of about 4 younger guys, looked to be in their early to mid 20's - standing a few hundred yards from me and the Things. One of them used a foul word in expressing their excitement at one of the speakers. (in a redneck-ish kind of way) I just called out to him to watch his mouth, it was a family event. He looked at me, but didn't challenge me. But I have a feeling others were giving him the death stare along with me, so he was clearly outnumbered.

inkah

I guess I have a big mouth, because I don't hesitate to give someone the what for when they behave like that around kids, etc.

Actually, I *did* do that when I went to the Tea Party up on the Capitol grounds a few years ago. The whole event was very, very polite and orderly. Not really any problems all day But, there was a group of about 4 younger guys, looked to be in their early to mid 20's - standing a few hundred yards from me and the Things. One of them used a foul word in expressing their excitement at one of the speakers. (in a redneck-ish kind of way) I just called out to him to watch his mouth, it was a family event. He looked at me, but didn't challenge me. But I have a feeling others were giving him the death stare along with me, so he was clearly outnumbered.

I was there!

Ok, so I was riding the bike around w/ the kid, but I was there. In a "not really there" kinda way.

But still.

Clearly, Vrai loves you too :D

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I was there!

Ok, so I was riding the bike around w/ the kid, but I was there. In a "not really there" kinda way.

But still.
It was a vey well mannered crowd for the most part, wasn't it?! Not even a lot of pushing and shoving to get out of there when it was over.

:biggrin:

inkah

It was a vey well mannered crowd for the most part, wasn't it?! Not even a lot of pushing and shoving to get out of there when it was over.

:biggrin:

Well... I certainly do believe you. But like I said, I was only there in a "not really there" kinda way. I mean, I was in the vicinity sorta - the DC vicinity...

Ok, fine - I didn't see a darn thing. DIdn't even know it was happening till I got home later that night.

But STILL - I really do believe you :D (does that still count??)

BernieP

Resident PIA
Why make the kid pay? Boot the parents, let the kid continue to play, and in the future they have to drop their kid off to games and cannot attend.

ACCOUNTABILITY - Mommy and Daddy have to explain to lil'Johnny or lil'Mary why they were expelled from the league.

Besides the last thing you need is a ticked off parent in the parking lot - didn't we see enough of that with the former youth football league?

Fights between officials / coaches / parents etc in the parking lot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ACCOUNTABILITY - Mommy and Daddy have to explain to lil'Johnny or lil'Mary why they were expelled from the league.

Right. Accountability.

"They won't let me in because they hate black people! Racist!"

"I'm being discriminated against because the coach used to date my sister 30 years ago!"

"Guess I didn't sell enough Joe Corbi pizzas, those bastards."

"Well, Junior, you should have been a better player..."

Yeah, I'm all down with the accountability people demonstrate these days. What planet do you live on?

Girlzmom

Wrong!

Hello,
This was a Sunday Youth Basketball League tournament (SYBL) and not a St. Mary's County Recreation and Parks youth basketball game; therefore, Recreation and Parks does not have any oversight here. Any comments or suggestions should be directed to the volunteer league; contact information can be found on their website at The Sunday Youth Basketball League of Southern Maryland (www.syblsomd.org).
Thanks for your interest in youth basketball in St. Mary's County.

NO, this was NOT. I am the original poster of this thread. This was a Calvert County Parks & Recreation incident. Thanks.

sockgirl77

NO, this was NOT. I am the original poster of this thread. This was a Calvert County Parks & Recreation incident. Thanks.

You did not ####ing specify where the event was. Because there were also tournaments in St. Mary's everyone assumed that is what you were talking about.

BTW, I've had several recreation incidents. They turned out just fine. :smile: