"Pass ME on the double yellow? I'll show you!!!"

CrashTest

And just maybe, say on the VEgas Strip at 9pm, you could make that case. Back road in Texas, not a pedestrian in sight, pretty hard to even begin to say anyone was in danger from the bike.

The bike was hit right next to someone's mailbox. Last thing I want is to be out getting my mail be hit by a 100mph motorcycle.

glhs837

Power with Control
The bike was hit right next to someone's mailbox. Last thing I want is to be out getting my mail be hit by a 100mph motorcycle.

"Next to"? Really? Was pretty much dead center of the lane til it was smashed over by the driver. In fact, you would be more in danger from traffic coming down that side of the raod. And that 100pmh? Just a number someone made up. That sure doesn't look like 100 to me. Sorry, Crash, this azzhole wasn't saving anyone's life. He's not a heroic azzhole. He's just a homicidal one.

CrashTest

Judge can decide. That's why they have that legal term called wanton. Labeling something as wanton is a judgement call.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

His truck shows no intentional "intent" to knock off the rider. The video of the biker displays his disregard and flaunting of the laws. Unless there is a go-pro or dash cam in the truck recording the truck driver nodding his head saying "yup, here he comes" and timing his swerve to hit the biker, what else do you have except for his excuse for temporarily losing control?

Hope the girl comes out ok in the long run.

LordStanley

I know nothing
If the judge determines that bikers behavior is not wanton disregard, then the judge is an idiot IMO.

Both riders should be charged with Reckless Driving and Speeding , as they both tried to pass two vehicles on the Double Yellow and for endangering the life of the female passenger....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Both riders should be charged with Reckless Driving and Speeding , as they both tried to pass two vehicles on the Double Yellow and for endangering the life of the female passenger....

So that next time someone who has video decides to not release it because it could cause them harm by doing the right thing?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If the judge determines that bikers behavior is not wanton disregard, then the judge is an idiot IMO.

That is prejudicial in my view and biased. The maneuver, legal or otherwise, was well within the capabilities of an average rider and WELL within capabilities of the machine. That was not some crazy stunt. It was a good straightway with decent visions and plenty of room for a bike to get up to speed and get around, safely. I certainly concede it was illegal to pass on the double yellow but that in and of itself is not wanton disregard. :buddies:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
His truck shows no intentional "intent" to knock off the rider. The video of the biker displays his disregard and flaunting of the laws. Unless there is a go-pro or dash cam in the truck recording the truck driver nodding his head saying "yup, here he comes" and timing his swerve to hit the biker, what else do you have except for his excuse for temporarily losing control?

Hope the girl comes out ok in the long run.

It was not a truck.

Foxhound

Finishing last
Okay, I ride and think the guy on the bike was wrong. I also think the guy driving the car was wrong. I for one think he did it on purpose. If there was some way to prove he did it intentionally, then assault with a deadly weapon at the very least. Do I have sympathy for the passengers on the bike? No. I doubt this was the girlfriends first ride with this idiot. That is just not how a sane person rides a motorcycle. It's a thrill they are seeking. Without risk, no thrill. Guess what? Risk factor pushed and exceeded. Price paid. They got off cheap. And yes there is evidence they were riding recklessly they should be charged. Hell they presented the evidence!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It was not a truck.

You're right and I stand corrected. For some reason I focused on the gray vehicle (suv, truck like at first glance) the bike passed first and thought that was the vehicle. My bad. I should have watched the video again after your first post "truck?".

So it was dude in white car......