Pat Robertson suggested on-air that American operatives assassinate Venezuelan Pres

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Railroad said:
I don't describe myself as a "fundie" or an evangelical, either, but I figure most non-Christians lump the more conservative Christians together under one umbrella, so I put myself in that category for purposes of this discussion.
I've understood "evangelical" to mean spreading the Word and "fundamentalist" to mean a literal reading of the Bible. Similarly, Wikipedia notes that only some Dominionists advocate theocracy, while others simply believe that Christians should be active in politics. I think ALL movements have that kind of diversity that is not always understood from the outside.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Tonio said:
I've understood "evangelical" to mean spreading the Word and "fundamentalist" to mean a literal reading of the Bible. Similarly, Wikipedia notes that only some Dominionists advocate theocracy, while others simply believe that Christians should be active in politics. I think ALL movements have that kind of diversity that is not always understood from the outside.
Could be, Tonio.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
CityGrl said:
It's great to know that this dumbazz is from my hometown.
Aw, it takes all kinds now, doesn't it? No reflection on you whatsoever. You can say that every village has its idiot, and, well.....:lmao: Get my drift?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think Pat sounds...

...different to other ears than some Imam does to mine, asking for death unto this or that in the name of his God because this or that is SUCH a terrible thing according to their book, or so they say.

That is not the Chirst I was taught so many years ago.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Robertson Apologizes for Chavez Remarks

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson apologized Wednesday for calling for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, only hours after he denied saying Chavez should be killed.

"Is it right to call for assassination?" Robertson said. "No, and I apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050824...7qKzhKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

I guess the backlash was just too much. :duh:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Hi, President Chavez?"

...Pat Robertson here, man of God....uh huh...very well, thanks...and you...uh huh? Well, speaking of that, I wanted to say I am sorry for praying that the Alimghty might smite yer azz...uh huh...umkay...you to. By now."