Patrick Ramsey...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...WILL start next week.

Brunell will come up some sort of injury or something during the week. If nothing else he will have the care and love and the courage for his teammates to go to Gibbs and tell him he's done.

I have never, ever seen a game where the quarterback made ONE and only one play, recovering a fumble. Oh, and I'm sure the Brunell faction will point out the glorious, rumbling, clanking stroll he took for the one first down.

If not, then we are simply playing Russian Roulette and taking extra turns. We are saying "We will NOT play to win. We are playing to not lose."

If not, then Gibbs has got to face his defense and tell them, "Hey, guess what? You're on your own."

We're gonna have to outscore Seattle, not out punt them.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Hey Larry, call Gibbs and tell him that. I am sure he will tell you that he will go with his QB and Patrick will continue to keep the bench warm. With Mark getting this poor performance out of the way and still winning will make it hard to consider a switch.

W

wmsaunders

Absolutely not. There is no way Ramsey starts regardless of what Brunell did today.

Keep in mind we were playing the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. They held alot of teams to under 200 yards offense this season. The only difference is that most did not win with the same results.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I was actually waiting for #11 to make a stroll out on the field tonight. Brunell was abyssmal tonight and Joe Gibbs (god and skins fan luv'em) was scared to throw on 1st down, there could have been some GINORMOUS plays on 1st w/ some play action.

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...WILL start next week.

Brunell will come up some sort of injury or something during the week. If nothing else he will have the care and love and the courage for his teammates to go to Gibbs and tell him he's done.

I have never, ever seen a game where the quarterback made ONE and only one play, recovering a fumble. Oh, and I'm sure the Brunell faction will point out the glorious, rumbling, clanking stroll he took for the one first down.

If not, then we are simply playing Russian Roulette and taking extra turns. We are saying "We will NOT play to win. We are playing to not lose."

If not, then Gibbs has got to face his defense and tell them, "Hey, guess what? You're on your own."

We're gonna have to outscore Seattle, not out punt them.

"rubling,clanking stroll" :killingme: :killingme: It did look painful, thanks for adding the sound effects :killingme:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I defy you Bruniacs...

...to get around this: 7-15, 41 yards, ONE pass attempt on 1st down.

ONE.

Bucs for the year: They held ONE team to under 100 yards passing for a game; the 49ers. They had 50.

Every other team had at least 100 yards passing. Joey Harringtons Lions, the Bears, the qb-less Jets, Gus Ferrotte, New Orleans twice. Not a passing titan among them.

Brunell is still not doing the one thing that cost Pat, suppossedly, the job; turnovers.

He gave the Giants a chance for awhile throwing an ugly pic 6. He stunk the place up against the Eagles in another MUST win game and he shouldn't even have the nerve to apologize to the defense come practice this week. With a QB like him, who needs an opponent?

W

wmsaunders

Gibbs chose to only pass on first down one time tonight, not Brunell.

BuddyLee

Football addict
wmsaunders said:
:yeahthat: 1. When you're up against the #1 defense in the league you don't leave it to the Barber bunch to have their chance at a pick. Keep it on the ground, don't be stupid, trust your defense.

2. With the exception of missing Moss on a big play and one interception I think Brunell did what he does best, no mistakes. He played mature, he got what the Bucs 'D' gave him for the most part.

3. We hardly need a quarterback situation, not at this point.

Go Brunell! Go D!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
wmsaunders said:

Exactly it was Gibbs that choose to sit on the lead and go super conservative, I agree that Brunell didn't look that good but only 14 attempts, that is not his fault. Two bad plays that stood out for Mark, the INT. This was a huge mistake considering the time and the field posistion it gave TB. If you look at the replay though you really can't blame him for making the throw, the defender came from no where to cut in front of Jacobs and make a very nice play to tip to himself for the INT.

Play 2 that stood out was that pass to Moss that he missed by a mile, skipped it 10 yds short.

Then he had 2 crucial plays that helped us win and they were the 2 that Larry already mentioned. The fumble recovery and then that crucial 3rd down were he rumbled to the first down marker.

The offense as a whole looked bad. Portis had a couple nice runs and Moss had a couple nice plays. The line looked bad, and really I truely think that you have to blame the offensive performance based on Gibbs super conservative philosphy of sitting on a lead. You can't blame Brunell for only having 14 passing attempts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh for crying out loud...

wmsaunders said:

...wouldn't it be easier to just agree with me than to add more evidence to MY point, that we know the coach KNOWS Mark is done simply by looking at the play calling?

Why you suppose he no call 1st down play action when he knows it's there?
Why Jurgy jumping up and down all game long? IT WAS THERE all game long.

Why does a coach call ANY play? Because he thinks it'll work. Because he thinks his players can make the play.

You gonna tell me that with 8, 9 and 10 men up stopping the run that no one on the Redskins even considered the notion that MAYBE someone would be in single coverage downfield?

Wanna know why? Because he, the QB, would have to slam it in there, hit a quick slant or out and, guess what, Mark CAN NOT MAKE THOSE throws. Hasn't been able to for three years. That's why Jax let him go; DONE.

Mark made a TERRIBLE mistake, throwing late across the middle. Every ex-QB in every booth in every game tells us dummies that very thing, every week, since time began. And yet...what does Mark the No Mistake Vet do?

Now, go ahead, tell me that Gibbs called for him to have it picked off.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good...

BuddyLee said:
:yeahthat: 1. When you're up against the #1 defense in the league you don't leave it to the Barber bunch to have their chance at a pick. Keep it on the ground, don't be stupid, trust your defense.

2. With the exception of missing Moss on a big play and one interception I think Brunell did what he does best, no mistakes. He played mature, he got what the Bucs 'D' gave him for the most part.

3. We hardly need a quarterback situation, not at this point.

Go Brunell! Go D!

...then we'll have what we have; every single player on the field judged by the coaches on merit; who is playing best?

Super Star Arrington playing kinda weak in practice? Have a seat, son.

Carlos not getting it done? Sit.

Antonio drop ONE ball? Sit down, boy.

Throw a pick? Sit down Patrick.

Mark sucking for entire games? Why, go right back out there my main man and sin no more!

Hardly need a QB situation now??? Where you been for 18 weeks???

Played mature? So now if he doesn't drop the snap, he's 'mature'? He did not do ANYTHING yesterday. Forget #1 defense. We were #9. Does that number mean we did not and can not play better than them?

NO. Our guys stepped it up. Mark HAS TO STEP it up. No, no he doesn't. Gibbs is gonna play him until he's carted off the field. He's so mature.

We're gonna demand the best from every single player, save one?

OK. Fine. There it is. Instead of giving the better player a whole week to prepare we'll just keep our fingers crossed that Mark can make out green over burgundy for a play here and there, play 'mature' save for missing a few key plays in a game where a few plays make or break, and then, when we get desperate, we'll just expect Pat to come on in, cold, and git er done.

No, let's go down with the ship! That's it! All y'all are based on merit except for the teachers pet here. It's YOU guys failing him.

What is wrong with you people? Why is acknowledging piss poor performance so difficult? This is not one game or two or three. Mark played well vs. San Fran, the Bucs the first time, Dallas the 2nd game and OK against the Giants the 2nd game. THAT'S IT.

We would have won yesterday with ANY pro quarterback at all because the D played lights out. Why are you all so happy expecting NOTHING from Brunell and EVERYTHING from the rest of the team??? That vaunted Bucs D LOST to the freaking 49'ers.

Why is everyone else expected to play their ass of or sit except one???

I do NOT understand.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why?

cattitude said:
Yes. I want to enjoy the win for at least 24 hours.

...you didn't enjoy it while it was going on?

That was CLASSIC Skins yesterday; non stop tension. I was in heaven!

This team is way to good to lose to anyone right now. We got the horses and the coaches. We're peaking right now...excpet for one guy.

I want it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hear me, Joe!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Does the word 'audible' mean anything?

AK-74me said:
Exactly it was Gibbs that choose to sit on the lead and go super conservative, I agree that Brunell didn't look that good but only 14 attempts, that is not his fault. Two bad plays that stood out for Mark, the INT. This was a huge mistake considering the time and the field posistion it gave TB. If you look at the replay though you really can't blame him for making the throw, the defender came from no where to cut in front of Jacobs and make a very nice play to tip to himself for the INT.

Play 2 that stood out was that pass to Moss that he missed by a mile, skipped it 10 yds short.

Then he had 2 crucial plays that helped us win and they were the 2 that Larry already mentioned. The fumble recovery and then that crucial 3rd down were he rumbled to the first down marker.

The offense as a whole looked bad. Portis had a couple nice runs and Moss had a couple nice plays. The line looked bad, and really I truely think that you have to blame the offensive performance based on Gibbs super conservative philosphy of sitting on a lead. You can't blame Brunell for only having 14 passing attempts.

I can blame Brunell all Iwant. And then some. I'm not handing out game balls for QB's that fall on fumbles or trot for one first down.

I'm looking for a guy who will step up to the line, see the same thing Santana does on first down, wink, and make the throw. Break Tampa Bays back.

I'm looking for the guy who DRILLS Jacobs in the chest, not hit him a step and a 1/2 late. Mark even said he felt good about when he let it go. SORRY. You don't have the ARM to make that throw. Pat does.

How many audibles you think Young Simms called yesterday?

If Gibbs is gonna take the blame for play calling, if Brunell is not allowed to make any calls at the line then the ONLY thing he can be judged on is his performance.

7-16, 25 net yards after sacks.

The worst performance, ever, in winning a playoff game. By far.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
bipolar???

cattitude said:
You are sounding a bit bipolar today. :lmao:

:huggy:

I know you love it.

Being PISSED about poor play and still winning is the HEIGHT for me. He can take a dump in the SUperbowl if we win but as long as there is time to get better, I will SCREAM.

Gibbs did not get dumped with Gatorade last week or this while his peers, including Gruden did (last week anyway). There's a reason.

One of the old timers saw a few players getting the bucket late in the Eagles game and this guy (Tyer?) contemptuously kicked it over and said to the youngsters "We don't celebrate just getting into the playoffs around here."

Speaks volumes.