Patriots Punishment for Spying

Pete

Repete
kwillia said:
Half million fine for the coach, quarter million for the team and forfieture of 1st round draft pick if they make the playoffs, 2nd and 3rd if they don't.

Goodell don't play.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Oh boy...my law firm represents the Patriots. My boss is from Boston..as are quite a few of the "old" guys. They aren't going to be happy.

:lol:

I love it!

C

czygvtwkr

Larry Gude said:
...it's a weak penalty and Roger Goodalls first slip up.

He should have made the pats forfeit the game.

I was thinking that would be the only thing that needed added. A single early season game really isn't all that much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
Agreed - that's what I thought was going to happen.

Not that I care about football. I caught the words "patriots" and "spying" on the news, so I stopped and listened. It was just about football :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The heck it's not...

czygvtwkr said:
I was thinking that would be the only thing that needed added. A single early season game really isn't all that much.

...if it costs them home field in the playoffs.

60,000 fans, at least $100 a head, probaly more like $150 spent for tix, parking, drinks, food and merchandise. Maybe $200 considering it would be a playoff game.

That's $6,000,000 to $12,000,000 for a home game.

The Pats got off light, real light.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right so...

vraiblonde said:
Agreed - that's what I thought was going to happen.

Not that I care about football. I caught the words "patriots" and "spying" on the news, so I stopped and listened. It was just about football :rolleyes:

...how does one apply an appropriate punishment?

A player takes steroids to play better, so, he loses some games he can't play or get paid for.

The Pats cheated to win game(s). Money, especially chump change like $750k, is nothing. So, make them forfeit.

nanstime

Larry Gude said:
...how does one apply an appropriate punishment?

A player takes steroids to play better, so, he loses some games he can't play or get paid for.

The Pats cheated to win game(s). Money, especially chump change like $750k, is nothing. So, make them forfeit.
i agree as long as it is for the whole season.

yankee44

If this happened to an NCAA team they would have made them ineligable for the post season......NOW THAT WOULD LEAVE A MARK!!!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
It is funny in baseball it is just seen as part of the game to try to steal signs, yeah if the other team catches you, you'll probably get thrown at but it is intersting to compare the differences.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Larry Gude said:
How about turn their playbook and coaching signals over to all the other teams? That's the information they were trying to steal, so the punishment would fit the crime.

It would take months for most of the lunkheads to learn new plays, so the Pats probably wouldn't be able to recover in time to even make the playoffs. On the surface it doesn't seem as severe as a forfeit, but if it costs them a couple games it could be huge.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Another good suggestion...

MMDad said:
How about turn their playbook and coaching signals over to all the other teams? That's the information they were trying to steal, so the punishment would fit the crime.

It would take months for most of the lunkheads to learn new plays, so the Pats probably wouldn't be able to recover in time to even make the playoffs. On the surface it doesn't seem as severe as a forfeit, but if it costs them a couple games it could be huge.

...right there. Anything but just a stupid fine.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

AK-74me said:
It is funny in baseball it is just seen as part of the game to try to steal signs, yeah if the other team catches you, you'll probably get thrown at but it is intersting to compare the differences.

...but let's be honest. Baseball is yet more proof that idle hands are the work of the devil. I mean, it's baseball. What else you gonna do? So, you steal. It's a metaphor for life. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You...

BS Gal said:
I think they should not let them play this weekend and give the game to the Chargers.

...don't enjoy the game for it's own sake do you? You just want to win, no matter what, don't you? You should want your boys to go out there and do it with their play, a display of their hard work, their dedication, their perseverance, the true reward for effort and commitment, not some cheap, easy way out. You should feel ashamed.

God, I hope Philly doesn't show up Monday night. :lmao:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Larry Gude said:
...it's a weak penalty and Roger Goodalls first slip up.

Loss of the draft pick(s) will hurt them more in the long term.