Patuxent Landing Restaurant

Kygirlnmd

I've heard that the reastaurant on base, Pax Landing, is about to make some major changes like cutting out breakfast, dinner and weekends. Has anyone else heard this rumor and if so, WHY all the changes?

blondie4512

I've heard that the reastaurant on base, Pax Landing, is about to make some major changes like cutting out breakfast, dinner and weekends. Has anyone else heard this rumor and if so, WHY all the changes?

Obama took all their money.... They are only open now from 11 - 2, I think... No mornings, evenings or weekends.. Took all away all the benefits (Medical, vacation and sick leave) from the employees too.... They also did the same with the O' club..

blondie4512

They took there meal tickets from them... I guess now they will be given a "little" more food allowance or however it works to eat in town, cause they don't have kitchens or anything do they??

Kygirlnmd

I believe they will be putting limited kitchenette's in the barracks for them to share. I don't know many bachelor's who would can cook anything that isn't processed so they might be better off going to Subway :dye:

shortymmd

I also heard that some of the workers there asked the RIK guys about what they're going to do now, and they didn't even know it was bein tookin away from them

Kygirlnmd

I also heard that some of the workers there asked the RIK guys about what they're going to do now, and they didn't even know it was bein tookin away from them

That's messed up...especially if they have to make changes to their personal budgets to be able to afford to eat out or buy groceries all the time.

Vince

Obama took all their money.... They are only open now from 11 - 2, I think... No mornings, evenings or weekends.. Took all away all the benefits (Medical, vacation and sick leave) from the employees too.... They also did the same with the O' club..
Yep, heard the same thing. As far as the active duty folks, they are probably on comrats, which means they get a subsistance allowance for eating off base. And in this situation, they really have no choice. Of course the money they get is no where near what it costs for them to eat off base.

Yep, heard the same thing. As far as the active duty folks, they are probably on comrats, which means they get a subsistance allowance for eating off base. And in this situation, they really have no choice. Of course the money they get is no where near what it costs for them to eat off base.

Welcome to the military... which is why they hide hotplates in their lockers.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
This is just wrong, IMO. Twenty years ago it was not Patuxent Landing or whatever they called it. It was the chow hall were the troops ate. I don't know if contractors or DOD were allowed to also eat there at that time. I do know that once they turned it into a restaurant type atmosphere that it possibly became more popular and they were able to charge a nominal fee to offset costs.

Showing my age here but many years ago you would get commrates (sp) for food allowance. I don't know if this allowance exists but if it does I beleive it is money to help offset food costs. If the troop does not get this type of allowance then they should be fed in a galley type setting.

Last edited:

Mustangbandit

yea im alittle upset with it im a dod contractor and so are a few other contractors i work with. We usually go and eat their on thursdays or enjoy the breakfast they have on the last thursday of every month. We are night checkers so it helps us out alot getting somewhere to eat that has warm food rather then fast food everyday or rushing to get off and on base out of gate 2. I kind of wonder if it has to do with the new addition they just added next door to the landing. Well i never been treated wrong by the staff there so its going to be really upsetting to see this happen. As for the troops sorry to hear they have to go to places like subway or McD's not all that healthy and i belive if they give them Comrats its like 250.00 allowance a month which isnt #### but who knows i been out of the military almost 3 yrs so it might of gone up since then.