Pawn Shop suggestion? NOT GLORIAS

buddscreekman

Hey all,I've got a pretty nice ebay business going but have some items I just don't want to deal with. Too many,slight damage that collectors won't go for,etc. and I'm wondering if I could unload it all at a pawn shop? I've never set foot in one but know Glorias reputation - as a business and a person. I have seena small one by Brass Rail but can't find any info online. Anyone dealt with them or know any contact info? I hate to haul everything down there to find they are closed or not interested.

buddscreekman

C

czygvtwkr

Thanks. I will go with the one in Detroit. It feels more St Mary's county to me for some reason. I think I'll walk in there and scream "You're gonna give me 500.00 mutha####ah"! And then Les will come over and dispel all Jew stereoptypes and I'll go home a changed man with 500 extra bucks.

LOL, Les and his Mr T starter kit

I've actually been to the one in Vegas, you wouldn't believe the line of people outside waiting to get in at certain times of the day.

buddscreekman

I like Seths gorilla face when he gets mad. And gets all hard...yeah I'll come out from behind this glass,what now?!?!?! And then proceeds to cower behind a huge black guy.

RPMDAD

LOL, Les and his Mr T starter kit

I've actually been to the one in Vegas, you wouldn't believe the line of people outside waiting to get in at certain times of the day.

Would like to go to the Pawn Stars one in Vegas just to check out the store and the stuff they have inside.

buddscreekman

I also saw an episode once when a guy came in all scrawny an Ashley says "don't wear a tank top unless you have the body for it". I almost shat my pants.

RPMDAD

Don't know the name of it but there is a pawn store in Prince Frederick, right behind the Outback Steakhouse.

C

czygvtwkr

I also saw an episode once when a guy came in all scrawny an Ashley says "don't wear a tank top unless you have the body for it". I almost shat my pants.

Lol i missed that one, guess her fat upper arms were bigger than his.

somd_guy

May I suggest All-Pawn in White Plains? Their address is 10595 Middleport Lane, White Plains, MD. They are on the southbound side of 301 just south of the WaWa at 301 and Billingsley Road.

The owners are very friendly and have always given fair prices on jewelry pawned. I have purchased several items there and have always been treated right. Family owned and operated.

Goldenhawk

I do lots of pawn shop hopping when I am in cities for business trips. By contrast to what I see elsewhere, the couple of shops here in St Marys are VERY poorly run. The merchandise is poor quality, not clean, very disorganized, poorly labeled, and very overpriced. The stores are not welcoming - one is always smoky and smelly, and the other is like walking into a flea market with stuff just piled in corners. Gloria's hours are impossible to understand; it's often closed even when the sign says it's during open hours.

I find this all rather odd, because the market here would easily support a quality pawn shop. Any military base in a healthy population center with nearby low income housing is prime market for pawn activity. I suspect a well-run Pawn America or similar chain shop would put the others out of business in a few months. But nobody seems to have the vision to open one.

One thing I suspect is that the proprietors of both shops don't understand the death spiral they're in: when you run a business like they do, people stop coming. No people, no sales. No sales, business dies.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

One thing I suspect is that the proprietors of both shops don't understand the death spiral they're in: when you run a business like they do, people stop coming. No people, no sales. No sales, business dies.

Of course they don't. And if and when they do finally close down they'll blame everyone but themselves: the residents, the government, oil prices, the clouds, whatever. The fact they were ####ty businessmen will never enter their thoughts.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Thanks. I will go with the one in Detroit. It feels more St Mary's county to me for some reason. I think I'll walk in there and scream "You're gonna give me 500.00 mutha####ah"! And then Les will come over and dispel all Jew stereoptypes and I'll go home a changed man with 500 extra bucks.

:killingme :lmao: :roflmao:

LOL