Pearl Party

CMC though this was a Rabbit Pearl party ... she wasn't sure and asked me to check. She's tied up at the moment in Richmond. :coffee:

So anywho ... Sorry CMC. :frown:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What is it...:confused:

It's a home party which I'm typically WAY not into. But I think they look fun and it just so happens that one of my girlfriends is a consultant so I'm going to host a party to help her get started.

Basically she brings a buttload of oysters that have pearls in them. You pick your oysters and open them to see what kind of pearl you've got. They have a book of settings that you can have your pearl set in.

I did something very similar in Silver Spring, FL when I was in highschool and its a very fond memory.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You pay a fee and you get your choice of an oyster w/a guaranteed pearl (human made). You have the option to purchase a setting at the party.

The pearls are cultured (ie: sand or the like is put into the oyster to make it form a pearl) not man made.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The pearls are cultured (ie: sand or the like is put into the oyster to make it form a pearl) not man made.

A person (or maybe even a machine) injects sand into the shell, thus agitating it to form a pearl. This is not something done out in the wild in nature. Thus, man-made (or cultured/lab created) as you call it. :smile:

cul⋅tured  /ˈkʌltʃərd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhl-cherd] Show IPA
Use cultured in a Sentence
See web results for cultured
See images of cultured
–adjective 1. enlightened; refined.
2. artificially nurtured or grown: cultured bacteria.
3. cultivated; tilled.

It's a home party which I'm typically WAY not into. But I think they look fun and it just so happens that one of my girlfriends is a consultant so I'm going to host a party to help her get started.

Basically she brings a buttload of oysters that have pearls in them. You pick your oysters and open them to see what kind of pearl you've got. They have a book of settings that you can have your pearl set in.

I did something very similar in Silver Spring, FL when I was in highschool and its a very fond memory.

My friend went to one of these parties and loved it! Her necklace is really pretty too :yay:

nomoney

u were right on cue Chasey with that comment the other day. Vanilla Ice
TIA I know sum1 liked my playlist.

Are you in any special classes or do you have a job like say a cashier at a thrift shop or checking water meters? I want to make sure you're not actually retarded when I call you that. TIA

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
A person (or maybe even a machine) injects sand into the shell, thus agitating it to form a pearl. This is not something done out in the wild in nature. Thus, man-made (or cultured/lab created) as you call it. :smile:

cul⋅tured  /ˈkʌltʃərd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhl-cherd] Show IPA
Use cultured in a Sentence
See web results for cultured
See images of cultured
–adjective 1. enlightened; refined.
2. artificially nurtured or grown: cultured bacteria.
3. cultivated; tilled.

I know what cultured is that's why I said it. You're obviously having a problem with what man made is. Man made means made by man.

Man, machine or even a monkey can force sand into an oyster to make it form a pearl, the oyster still makes the pearl.

Man made pearls are not from oysters at all. :yay:

SamSpade

I'm having one in the coming weeks. If anyone in interested in coming let me know. :kiss:

My wife had one a week ago. Everyone had a blast. Our four year old was tapped to pick out the oysters, and he picked the best ones of the night.

No one left disappointed.

Good luck.