pediactricians?

terbear1225

i'm looking for some recommendations for pediatricians in the lexington park area. anyone have one they particularly like or one to stay away from? if it helps any, we're first time parents so someone who's good with infants and parents that are likely to overreact at least at first would be best.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
kwillia said:
Do a forum "search" on the subject... you will find plenty of threads.

While you're at it, (and since these requests always come in three's,) there are threads for dentists and OB/GYN's here too.

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
terbear1225 said:
i'm looking for some recommendations for pediatricians in the lexington park area. anyone have one they particularly like or one to stay away from? if it helps any, we're first time parents so someone who's good with infants and parents that are likely to overreact at least at first would be best.
We have gone a little out of area for our ped. We started with Bayshore pedicatics when they were in the Solomon's Medical building. They have since moved exclusively to the professional office building next to Calvert Mem. I trust them with my girls' lives . . . literally. They are not antibiotic pushers. They are VERY realistic about development and illnesses. They won't prescribe over the phone (this is a hassle, but better in the end). I can't say enough positive things about this group of physicians. 410-535-5959. Drs. Skolnick, Chiu and Singh.

terbear1225

thanks for the info. i did a forum search and came up with a few names. just thought there might be new info on some of the area doctors since most of the threads that I found seem to be a bit out dated.

F

foxfire8804

I take my children to Dr. Dhillon. He is in Leonardtown, but worth the extra driving time from Lexington Park. He is great. If your interested, he is taking new patients at this time. 475-9499

sdm

I would stay clear of Shah Associates Pediatrics on Exploration Drive. Dr. Bailey is the name. Every time I take my daughter in there for something, she always gets the same response, "I don't know what that could be." I am also searching for a decent pediatrician who "does know what that could be."

sonsorae

What now?!
sdm said:
I would stay clear of Shah Associates Pediatrics on Exploration Drive. Dr. Bailey is the name. Every time I take my daughter in there for something, she always gets the same response, "I don't know what that could be." I am also searching for a decent pediatrician who "does know what that could be."

Dr. Miller in Leonardtown is awesome!

Prestonsmama

I also suggest Dr. Sheth....my son has gone to him since he was a week old and I absolutely trust him 100%. He is so good with the kids and I never have a problem getting in to see him when my son is sick. If he ever thinks there is a problem, he never says " let's wait and see what happens" he takes care of whatever it is right away. His number is 301-863-6373.

sockgirl77

You do not necessarily have to take your child to a pediatrician. I take my 14 month old son to my family doctor. I've given up on the pediatricians around here. My doctor is Dr. Jennifer Schmidt. She's great! 301-862-3721:yay:

kelleymauck

mind freak
I went to Dr. Sheth and he's pretty good. The only reason we stopped taking our daughter there is we moved and it was way out of the way for us. We now go to Bayshore Pediactrics. Dr. Skolnic to be exact. He is very nice and the wait time there is slim to none.