pedicure

spinner

I'd like to get a pedicure today or tomorrow, it's been a long time since I've been. Where is a good place to go in the California/Hollywood/Leonardtown area? I know there are lots of places, but I thought somebody would have a preference.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'd like to get a pedicure today or tomorrow, it's been a long time since I've been. Where is a good place to go in the California/Hollywood/Leonardtown area? I know there are lots of places, but I thought somebody would have a preference.

I go to Kim's in LP, next to Jump Yard and Big Lots, but if it's crowded its not usually a relaxing "spa" experience. I just go there bc it's cheap, quick and Kim's been my nails person for a couple years. If you're looking for something a little more polished, I've been to, I think it's Spa #1? lol right next to Best Buy and Old Navy, at the end of that strip mall. They're reasonable in prices, clean, quick, and it's pretty nice and spacious inside.

luvmygdaughters

I go to Hollywood Nails in Leonardtown, where the McKays is. If that's packed you can to Modern Nails next to Leonardtown Grill. Modern is kind of hit or miss though. First time I went there, it was a great spa pedi. Next time I went, it was so so.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I love letting those little asians scrub my feet... its pretty gross what comes off them.... I must say

thejeepster14

Don't go near modern nails!

I go to Hollywood Nails in Leonardtown, where the McKays is. If that's packed you can to Modern Nails next to Leonardtown Grill. Modern is kind of hit or miss though. First time I went there, it was a great spa pedi. Next time I went, it was so so.[/Q

I had been going to Modern Nails for over a year. Went for first spring pedi this year and new guy filed a hole in the side of my big toe. It has been three months and the scab just fell off today. I'm scared to death to try anywhere, but Kim's 3 in callaway is usually pretty good.

luvmygdaughters

I go to Hollywood Nails in Leonardtown, where the McKays is. If that's packed you can to Modern Nails next to Leonardtown Grill. Modern is kind of hit or miss though. First time I went there, it was a great spa pedi. Next time I went, it was so so.[/Q

I had been going to Modern Nails for over a year. Went for first spring pedi this year and new guy filed a hole in the side of my big toe. It has been three months and the scab just fell off today. I'm scared to death to try anywhere, but Kim's 3 in callaway is usually pretty good.

OMG!! Really...what guy was it? The reason I ask, my daughter and I went there last week and the man that was doing hers almost cut her. He is an older man, I think he said his name was Tom. Not his real name I'm sure since he could barely speak English and was very much of Asian descent.

ginwoman

I went to Modern Nails a month or so ago and don't expect to go back. An older Asian man did my nails but he was quite weird.

sm8

I am hoping to find a calm relaxing place that is not rushed and I can just sit in a massage chair as long as I like. Do they exist around here? I am willing to go anywhere between Lexington Park and Waldorf / Laplata.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am hoping to find a calm relaxing place that is not rushed and I can just sit in a massage chair as long as I like. Do they exist around here? I am willing to go anywhere between Lexington Park and Waldorf / Laplata.

The place at Wildwood has them. I have never been rushed there, either. In fact, I was there for almost an hour last time because they were enthralled with the World Cup game. I got an extra long calf massage. :lol:

libby

If you ask for Nina at Kim's Nails II in Callaway, you will get a great pedi for the the $20+ tip. She does a good job and usually doesn't chatter on and on with the other Filipino women who go on and on.