Pelosi banned from Catholic Church…

DLScott

How do you equate God to human Popes? Just wondering. I wish you the best in your religion quest. God bless you. Do you believe in Jesus? Just wondering. Pope Francis has not made the list yet, “butt“ he will. Pun intended

And, please explain your reference to “these badass natural disasters and storms”. Thanks.
I pretty much explained it in other comments/ posts. When it comes to life one should have a level of reverence, and pay attention to all that is around us. People are allowing politics to turn them into middle school kids. But what is happening to us? The storms? The weather? Unbelievable temperatures? Fires ? Empty shelves? Shortages? Maybe the problem is humanity doesn’t act decent anymore, and this is God’s answer to our behavior.

Maybe it’s time to live our own lives and stop worrying what the politicians are doing? We have enough problems in our own lives to keep us busy.

Ranting and raving about someone we don’t know is not the answer. Goodnight!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The US Bishops are motivated by politics.

What if they are motivated by morality and duty to God, and the Pope is motivated by politics?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not Catholic, or even religious, nor do I believe there is a separate entity higher power that we call "God". What the Pope says and does has nothing to do with me because I don't have to do what he says. I'm simply observing and commenting on the hypocrisy.

If you want to live your life focusing on evil that is your business. I choose the positive things of God.

The Bible says numerous times to recognize evil and call it out. That said, you are certainly free to worship as you see fit and I'm the last person who would stand in your way or tell you you're doing it wrong.

I do, however, appreciate your higher level of discussion. :cheers:

DLScott

What if they are motivated by morality and duty to God, and the Pope is motivated by politics?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not Catholic, or even religious, nor do I believe there is a separate entity higher power that we call "God". What the Pope says and does has nothing to do with me because I don't have to do what he says. I'm simply observing and commenting on the hypocrisy.

The Bible says numerous times to recognize evil and call it out. That said, you are certainly free to worship as you see fit and I'm the last person who would stand in your way or tell you you're doing it wrong.

I do, however, appreciate your higher level of discussion. :cheers:
Most Catholics don’t really pay attention to the Pope. Papism and AntiPapism is so outdated(centuries actually) No one really cares because they are too busy living their own lives. The Pope doesn’t have to compete against anyone to be Pope. He is the Pope. The Bishops and Archbishops still have to play the political game to become Cardinal even. It’s political. Unless you think morals are relative. Then maybe they are going by a set of their own morals.

DLScott

Most Catholics don’t really pay attention to the Pope. Papism and AntiPapism is so outdated(centuries actually) No one really cares because they are too busy living their own lives. The Pope doesn’t have to compete against anyone to be Pope. He is the Pope. The Bishops and Archbishops still have to play the political game to become Cardinal even. It’s political. Unless you think morals are relative. Then maybe they are going by a set of their own morals.
Just to add, for many the Pope position is strictly ceremonial, kind of like the Queen of England.

TPD

the poor dad
Most Catholics don’t really pay attention to the Pope.
I beg to differ. The pope draws hundreds of thousands sometimes millions to his rallies/Masses. Why are these people attending if they are not paying attention. What about the letters/messages from the pope read at Mass on Sunday mornings by priests around the world?

DLScott

I beg to differ. The pope draws hundreds of thousands sometimes millions to his rallies/Masses. Why are these people attending if they are not paying attention. What about the letters/messages from the pope read at Mass on Sunday mornings by priests around the world?
Thanks for busting me on that generalization. When I reread it , I didn’t know how to edit it. My bad. You are right there are a good number who still make the pilgrimage. But i think for many it is for the tradition of what it once stood for to those. There are many who are Catholic in name only in Europe. Atheism has grown over there , and many basilicas and cathedrals have been turned into museums. The individual diocese are what has the biggest say in what the local church says and does.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most Catholics don’t really pay attention to the Pope.

That is not my experience with Catholics, and I know hordes of them. The vast majority have at least a reverence for the Pope, and many outright think he's God in human form. I don't think I've ever met a practicing Catholic who doesn't pay attention to the Pope.

DLScott

That is not my experience with Catholics, and I know hordes of them. The vast majority have at least a reverence for the Pope, and many outright think he's God in human form. I don't think I've ever met a practicing Catholic who doesn't pay attention to the Pope.
Really? That has not been my observation. Oh they respect him. This I know. I have never heard him compared to God in human form, though, except by Protestants who say Catholics believe this. The only thing I have heard is that many believe he is the successor of St Peter, and that the Basillica is on St Pete’s remains. I do know older Catholics who believe that when Jesus told Peter , that whatsoever he binds on earth is bound in heaven , and whatever is loosed on earth is loosed on heaven ( I may have that stated backwards, but it means the same either way.) that he is making that edict?on all Popes. But there are some who do not believe this either.

DLScott

Aren't all morals relative? I'm not sure there's such a thing as universal morality.
That is why I was trying to figure out what you meant about the archbishops and bishops being moral. If that’s what you meant then they have their own morality. I still think they are being political …

Louise

I will put this here in my Pelosi thread. This is the person who is third in line to be President. OMG! The horror of this fraudulent election and the refill of the DC swamp is horrific. God bless the USA! 🇺🇸

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Church Of Satan Declares Pelosi Still Allowed To Receive Satanic Eucharist

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY—After being denied holy communion by San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, the Church of Satan graciously reached out to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to remind her she is still eligible to partake of the Satanic Eucharist.

Pelosi was flattered by the satanic invitation and referred to the Church of Satan as "an upstanding pillar of the American community."

At publishing time, Pelosi visited a Church of Satan in San Francisco and slaughtered a black lamb on an altar of obsidian in the midst of a dark cathedral carved out of the stone of pain.

DLScott

Church Of Satan Declares Pelosi Still Allowed To Receive Satanic Eucharist

POUGHKEEPSIE, NY—After being denied holy communion by San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, the Church of Satan graciously reached out to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to remind her she is still eligible to partake of the Satanic Eucharist.

Pelosi was flattered by the satanic invitation and referred to the Church of Satan as "an upstanding pillar of the American community."

At publishing time, Pelosi visited a Church of Satan in San Francisco and slaughtered a black lamb on an altar of obsidian in the midst of a dark cathedral carved out of the stone of pain.

Babylon Bee, really?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

DLScott

It's been my experience that leftists have little to no sense of humor.

You have my sincere appreciation for demonstrating this for all, but I can assure you, they're acutely aware.
Then you must not have much experience out of your little bubble.