Pelosi On Trump, Ukraine, Impeachment: "All Roads Lead To Putin"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Thursday morning at the weekly Democratic leadership press conference, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that when it comes to accusations about President Trump's communications with the president of Ukraine, "all roads lead to Putin."

She said sending military aid to Ukraine was "in our national interest... because they were fighting the Russians. They've already lost over 11,000, 12,000, 13,000 people fighting the Russians. That's why I say all roads lead to Putin"

She also said that while the 11 accusations of obstruction of justice mentioned in the Mueller report would have been enough to launch an impeachment inquiry, Democrats waited because the Ukraine scandal "had a story, a narrative about the president threatening to grant or withhold certain privileges and certain military assistance voted on by the Congress."

"Putin benefited from any holding up of that military assistance [to Ukraine]. Putin benefited by the action taken by the president, vis-a-vis Syria and Turkey," she said. "Putin benefited from the president's comments about uncertainty about our support for NATO, and the list goes on."

"I won't even go into the elections. Just those three because those are the three that I have mentioned to the president when I have said, 'With you, Mr. President, all roads lead to Putin.'"

"I do believe the truth will set us free," she said regarding the first day of public impeachment inquiry hearings.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'm getting old so my memory's fading....

When, exactly, did Russia annex Crimea and begin its guerrilla campaign in Ukraine and shoot down a civilian airliner?

And when did lethal aid to Ukraine start? And when did some of the more wealthy, yet delinquent NATO members (albeit, reluctantly) begin to pony up their NATO contributions?

Speaking of Syria, I can't remember which President it was that drew a red line and then did some things that gave Russia an opening to get into the Syria game? When was that, again?

I guess Nancy and I have the same sort of old age memory issues. Causes us to forget and confuse, I guess.

--- End of line (MCP)

BernieP

Resident PIA
that stammer old fool, what a yarn.
Mueller, himself, under oath could not say the words "Obstruction of Justice".
I believe other special prosecutors put that in their reports - and while it might be true Mueller couldn't indict him, his report and referral to Congress would have and should have started impeachment - had their actually been obstruction.

So is the drooling hag admitting that they knew about the phone call to the Ukraine before it happened? That's why they didn't use Obstruction of Justice?