Pelosi Ramblings

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pelosi: Wealthy Republicans aren't all racists, anti-Semites, but 'that's how they vote'

Interviewed by former California Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer at the University of California at Berkley, Pelosi was asked why she thinks America's political parties are so divided today.

She said the large sums of money put into conservative foundations in the 1970s and 1980s fueled the Newt Gingrich-led Republican rise to power in the House in the 1990s.

"In the '90s, the Republicans used that money, big time money, to win the elections," she said at the "lecture" event. "They weren't supposed to, really, because it's not political money, but it was messaging money, and a certain speaker came along and used that and won."

“It was a way to protect the financial assets of the rich," she continued. "The free market system was not in danger. It wasn't a reason; it was an excuse, but it was big money, and it still is endless money, endless money. Now, I don't paint all those very wealthy people as racists, anti-Semites and whatever, Trumpian, but that’s how they vote."

If someone participates in a rally and "you see a sign saying pro-life, you can bet on the outside it says cut taxes," said Pelosi. "You see one that says something about the environment — cut taxes. It's just the way it is. We have to just take our country back for America's working families. The middle class is the backbone of our democracy, and it has a union label on it."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pelosi says ‘creature’ Trump made Supreme Court ‘dangerous,’ ‘anti-freedom’

"Who would ever [have] suspected that a creature like Donald Trump would become president of the United States, waving a list of judges that he would appoint, therefore getting the support of the far right and appointing those anti-freedom justices to the court?" Pelosi argued.

"So this is not about long game," she said. "We played a long game. We won Roe v. Wade a long time ago, we voted to protect it over time. We have elected a Democratic House of Representatives that is pro-choice. Again, you have the 60 vote thing in the Senate and lack of clarity on top – part of some of the Republicans who say they’re pro-choice and then voted against a woman's right to choose."

"But let's not take our eye off the ball," she continued. "The ball is this court, which is dangerous to the freedoms of a country. Beware in terms of marriage equality, beware in terms of the other aspects of it, and so, let's not waste our time on that. The fact is, this is a dangerous court – to families, to freedom in our country, and that is why people have to mobilize."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pelosi Snaps After Top Republican Blames Baby Formula Shortage On Democrats Shipping It To The Border

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) snapped on Sunday when confronted with remarks from Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), chairwoman of the House Republican Conference, who blamed the some of the shortages of baby formula on President Joe Biden sending pallets of formula to the U.S. southern border.

“Joe Biden continues to put America LAST by shipping pallets of baby formula to the southern border as American families face empty shelves,” Stefanik wrote on Twitter. “This is unacceptable. American mothers and their babies shouldn’t suffer because of the #BidenBorderCrisis.”

Pelosi was asked during an interview with George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week” whether the shortage was in-part due to Biden’s decision.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pelosi talked about a new proposal, describing it as the U.S. Competition Act of 2022, which she claimed would address supply chain issues that are contributing to higher prices.

“This week we will have on the floor of the House, legislation for market manipulation and how companies are — we need to have a bright light of transparency on how companies are making big profits at the expense — and this is in the energy sector, at the expense of the consumer,” she added. “And we also are having same kind of hearings in appropriate — in the Agriculture Committee on how we can increase competition, again, so that we can lower food prices.”

Hijinx

IMO Pelosi will be re-elected in 2022.
One would think that even Californians would wake up some time and see that this woman is unfit to be in the House, much less Speaker. She is old and senile, and evil. Evil is a word that has many connotations band has been used to describe her often. I hate to use it because it is over used, but what else can you say about a person that wants children taught evil things in K through 3rd grade, a person who goes against the religion she claims to belong to, to murder children in the womb. A woman who has enriched herself while claiming to want to help Americans.

Pelosi says ‘creature’ Trump made Supreme Court ‘dangerous,’ ‘anti-freedom’

"Who would ever [have] suspected that a creature like Donald Trump would become president of the United States, waving a list of judges that he would appoint, therefore getting the support of the far right and appointing those anti-freedom justices to the court?" Pelosi argued.
This Baby killing old crone calls Trump a creature as an insult, and then has the nerve to attack sitting Justices on the Supreme Court who Trump Nominated. One of which votes with liberals at times.
This same woman supported 2 dykes and a known racist for the court.
Now I can make statements about Dykes and Racists on the court because I am a citizen and have an opinion and my opinions and accusations mean nothing , but she is Speaker of the House criticizing the Judicial Brach of our Government and ex-President and the Individual members., and she should have better sense than to attack that Branch in such a vile way.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pelosi says Abbott could face criminal charges over infant formula, weighs new federal controls

“I think there might be a need for indictment,” said Mrs. Pelosi, who has realigned the House agenda to address a baby formula shortage.

Democrats are also considering legislation that would give the federal government more control over the supply and distribution of formula, particularly when shortages arise. The plan would require formula companies to report inventory to the Food and Drug Administration, which could then move supplies from one state to another to fill empty shelves.

“We have a stronger hand to play here, if we would be willing to do so,” Mrs. Pelosi said.

The baby formula crisis began spreading across the U.S. after the FDA shut down an Abbott Nutrition baby formula plant in Sturgis, Michigan.

Abbott has contested claims by Democrats that its Sturgis plant was the source of a rare bacterial strain that sickened four infants and may have caused the deaths of two of them. Abbott officials contend the factory weeks ago implemented all of the recommendations made by the FDA to ensure safe formula production after an inspection. The factory could reopen in about two weeks if the FDA approves Abbott’s plan to restart.

Hijinx

The Government already used their stronger hand when the FDA shut down the Abbott facility.

Do not give Government a stronger hand. WHY??
Look at all the screw ups they have already made. Look at the senile old woman calling for more power. Look at the idiot corrupt old man who sleeps in the Oval Office.

That's why.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nancy Pelosi Goes on 'Morning Joe' to Show How Little She Knows About Being Catholic

After a decade of reaching out to Pelosi to get her to either abide by Church teaching on abortion or to dial back her yodeling about being a “devout” Catholic, San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone had had enough. On Friday, he informed Pelosi that because of her open rebellion against the law of the Church that she would no longer be permitted to receive the Eucharist, also known as Communion. This disciplinary action was not about abortion; it is about what we Catholics call scandal. Scandal occurs when you encourage another to commit a mortal sin by your words or actions. In Pelosi’s case, her fluffing for Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry while proclaiming to be a “devout” Catholic could cause a person to believe that getting an abortion or encouraging another to get an abortion was permissible. If you are interested in an exhaustive treatment of the subject, follow this link.

Tuesday, Pelosi talked to Morning Joe to explain her position. This is how Joe “what is a dead intern doing in my office” Scarborough set it up.

We haven’t talked about your faith publicly. We certainly have in a lot of private conversations because it means so much to you. The last time is when you were talking about your father, and I said, ‘I bet you wish your father were here to see you.’ And you said, ‘He is here. He is here. He is with me.’ I know exactly – my dad is watching, and he is in heaven.
I’m just curious, what do you say to Catholics who see what’s happening to you in San Francisco and wonders why you have an archbishop taking a step like this?

Speaker Pelosi. Well, good morning, Joe. Thank you. Yes, we do go back a long way, when you were a new, young Member of Congress.
The – what’s so sad about it – and as you were speaking, I’m thinking of some of the discussions I’ve had with other Members of Congress over time. And what is important for women to know and families to know, is that this is not just about terminating a pregnancy. So these same people are against contraception, family planning, in vitro fertilization — it’s a blanket thing. And they use abortion as the front man for it while they try to undo so much. That’s what they tried to do in the Affordable Care Act, which didn’t have anything about terminating a pregnancy.

Contraception and in vitro fertilization are both prohibited by the Catholic Church. I’m unaware of anyone against “family planning” per se, but the methods used to achieve that goal are the subject of dispute.

So let’s just say that, you know, I wonder about death penalty, which I’m opposed to. So is the Church, but they take no action against people who may not share their view. Thank you for referencing the Gospel of Matthew, which is sort of the agenda of the Church that is rejected by many who side with them on terminating a pregnancy. So we just have to be prayerful. We have to be respectful. I come from a largely pro-life, Italian-American, Catholic family, so I respect people’s views about that. But I don’t respect us foisting it onto others.

Equating the death penalty to abortion is a favorite tactic of pro-aborts attacking the Catholic stance on abortion. This falls short from several standpoints. First and foremost, equating the life of a convicted murderer to that of an unborn child is both ridiculous and obscene. While the Catholic Church has come to oppose the death penalty, it is forbidden to attach ecclesiastical penalties to supporting it. Why? Because the dogma that gives the Magesterium, that is, the teaching authority of the Church, its power is that, by definition, it is inerrant and unchanging. From the earliest days of the Church, the death penalty, when imposed by properly instituted civil authority, has been deemed lawful. Luke, writing in Acts of the Apostles and Saint Paul in his Epistle to the Romans, endorse the right of civil authorities to impose the death penalty. In the very first written catechism of the Catholic Church, the Catechism of the Council of Trent (1566), the death penalty is explicitly endorsed.

stgislander

PREMO Member
... but now we'll break away from our scheduled daytime television for the Speaker of the House's press conference.

WingsOfGold

1655532211200.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pelosi Says It Is ‘Sinful’ To Restrict Abortion

“But one word that pervade [sic] through all of the discussion was the word ‘justice.’ The fact that this is such an assault on women of color and women – lower income families is just sinful. It’s sinful,” California Democrat said. “It’s wrong that they would be able to say to women what they think women should be doing with their lives and their bodies. But it’s sinful, the injustice of it all.”

She said restricting abortion disregards the health of the woman and impacts the children she already has. Pelosi then accused Republicans of putting democracy on the line through their efforts to restrict abortion.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What is sinful, is the way in which these aborted children are conceived. They seem to forget about that one small fact. They're only religious when it supports their agenda.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Paul Pelosi Sold Computer Chip Stock In Time To Avoid Heavy Losses

As noted by an analysis from MoneyWise, Pelosi sold 25,000 shares of Nvidia on July 26 at an average price of $165.05 — causing a loss of $341,365, according to a set of disclosures. One month later, Nvidia revealed that the federal government imposed export restrictions on the company’s A100 and forthcoming H100 circuits. The new regulations will “address the risk that the covered products may be used in, or diverted to, a ‘military end use’ or ‘military end user’ in China and Russia,” Nvidia said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Shares in Nvidia fell 7.7% on the news and a total of 16% since Pelosi sold shares on July 26. Pelosi — who was arrested after alleged drunk driving earlier this year — formerly exercised 200 call options on their expiration date of June 17 at a strike price of $100, according to more federal filings.

Drew Hammill, a spokesman for Speaker Pelosi, said in a statement to Fox News that the lawmaker had no knowledge of her husband’s transactions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Speaker Pelosi Visits Armenia, Blames Azerbaijan for Recent Fighting

World, Nancy Pelosi, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Foreign Affairs, Conflict

AllSides Summary​

Following a ceasefire of reignited fighting in the Caucasus that resulted in the death of roughly 200 soldiers, U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Armenia to offer support to the country. During her visit, she blamed neighboring Azerbaijan for inciting the conflict, which centered around control of the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh, an area populated by ethnic Armenians that falls just inside the borders of Azerbaijan.
“We strongly condemn those attacks — we in our delegation on behalf of Congress — which threaten prospects for a much-needed peace agreement,” Pelosi stated in her address. “The United States ... has clearly and has long stated that there can be no military solution to the conflict. We continue to watch the situation closely and we continue supporting a negotiated, comprehensive and sustainable solution to all issues relating to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.”
This is the second time in recent months that Speaker Pelosi has traveled abroad to contentious regions, the last being in August when she visited the island of Taiwan, drawing scorn from the Chinese Government, which has long deemed the island a rogue province that falls under their authority.
Pelosi’s visit was covered mildly over the weekend, seen mostly in international affairs outlets. Coverage from Reuters offered increased background on the conflict and context on Armenia’s political relationship with Russia, which has historically been an ally to the country and negotiated the most recent ceasefire.